Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shampooing while wearing
08-16-2012, 07:53 PM,
Shampooing while wearing
Hi,

Okay so what are the do's and dont's of shampooing your wig while wearing?

Is is of too much hassle? What about bonding?

Thx
08-16-2012, 10:39 PM,
RE: Shampooing while wearing
I don't know if there is really a "rule book" for this.. you'll work out what works best for you after doing it a few times.

For me.. i just keep my head in the normal position and stand directly under the running water, so the pressure of the water is just pushing the piece right down to the head, rather than putting my head back and having the water run from the front to the back, putting unnessisary pressure on the bond at the hairline.
The other thing is i make sure the water isn't running too hot when going directly onto the piece so i don't soften the bond.

and when i get out of the shower, i just make sure i pat the piece down, rather than freely rub the towel all over it.

That's how i do it anyway Smile
08-17-2012, 06:11 AM,
i tend to only wash when i do a full de bond,
as i use orwg, which is water based any or to much water will soften the bond,

having seid that if im lazey, ill do the front half, if the backs pretty good,there tends to be a build up of hairspray on the front,
so ill wash the front, reflect it back to do a scalp clean up,
great advantage of this is theres no lining up the peice,

i think if you want to clean the peice, you can only do it effectively,whilst its not on youre head,
its a compromise between losing the hairline bond if you expose,

then the peice becoming so loose whilst shampooing that you decide to hell with it i may as well take it off and do a full clean up,

i think there are solvent based glues that are more resistant to moisture,
i look forward to hear other folks on the head washing routines, little tipps tricks
still learning*****
anty Smile
08-18-2012, 01:24 PM,
I think it is important to let the water flow in one direction only. I rinse with the water going from front to back, and I tilt my head back.
08-20-2012, 02:21 AM,
My 4 tips:

1. Don't get it wet for long (just give it a quick wash)
2. Keep the temperature down
3. Use a very gentle shampoo
4. Let the hair dry before doing any major styling or pulling on the hairline. Otherwise you will loosen the bond if the glue is wet. It needs to dry to get strong again.
08-28-2012, 06:49 AM,
You don't start with the hair piece. Work up a lather in your real hair. Take the resulting lather and pat it into the unit. Rinse as others have suggested.