Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First cut in. [Pics]
08-10-2012, 10:29 AM,
First cut in. [Pics]
I got my first cut in today. Its a TL100. I had a friend of mine do it who is a hair stylist but has never had experience with hair systems(thanks to Paul In Ireland for the pointers). I'm attaching with tape for now in the back, and will try some ORWG to secure the front. It surely needs some tweaking. I think the knots may need bleached because it looks very grid-like at the crown. Also, it is SUPER "bouncy". The hair wants to lift like crazy. Is this normal and will it settle after a few days? I plan on going back next week for a second cut when it hopefully dies down.

It doesn't look great now, but I'm learning.

Attached Files Image(s)

08-10-2012, 08:34 PM,
RE: First cut in. [Pics]
it will settle down the factory use a acrylic spray on the hair for protection ect,
this will gradualy wash out,
its then a case of using shampoo conditioner for dry damaged hair to replace introduce moisture into the hair,
search the forum for a recomended shampoo,
also buy a spray in leave in conditioner with uv protection,

i swear by (orwg)--------oil resistant white glue.
fantastic rocksolid hold,

but you must prepare correctly.
make sure youre scalps super clean,then megga dry,& hair system surface.
thats the secret to a great bond, dry dry dry,
i use as do maNY OTHERS alchol but its not the be all and end all, if you still dont feel youre scalp is dry and think it feels a little bitt oily, dont assume well iv used alchol it surley must be ok,

lather a mild neutral soap, and massage over youre scalp,
this pretty well ensures a dry scalp.

apply a thin layer of orwg, oil resistant white glue,
and time it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wait 15 mins, it will dry clear , then place youre hair .

remember to wash youre hands, do ensure you get ridd of any natural oils from youre skin
if you plan on smearing sculpting the glue with youre fingers as well as the supplied bottle brush.

pro touch is another good buy scalp perspiration control,
apply prior to adhesive ,tape,
gives a extra layer of sweat protection
08-10-2012, 08:55 PM,
s10jam, i have to tell you.. The color isn't right. It doesn't match your natural hair at all. I'd recommend you get some Medium Ash Brown Back2Natural color conditioner and brush it through the piece and into your side hair so they blend better...

A little trick you could try in the meantime is use some gel or brylcreem for styling.. something to give the hair a wet appearance, that will distract from the color mismatch Smile
08-10-2012, 09:00 PM,
Thanks for the tips.

Black-nail: I admit the color doesn't look right in the photo. Looking at the first pic, my beard is naturally a different color from my hair. I also think the different textures between my natural hair and the system hair are misleading.

It's just way too long right now. I think it looks ridiculous. I have another question, should the perimeter of the lace overlap some of my real hair or should they meet up exactly?
08-10-2012, 09:10 PM,
well ideally you want the lace to meet right up against your real hair...
having said that though, if the unit is not quite the right size.. a little bigger (causing overhang) is definitely better than too small!
08-11-2012, 12:33 AM,
Ya,the colour is definitely off.Also,the texture between your real hair and the system hair is different.
08-13-2012, 12:00 PM,
Hi
I would like to suggest that u can color ur hair and system with same color maybe 1. Or a shade lighter, that way they wil blend in perfect.
Thats my 10c worth.
Let us know
Cheers
Raz