Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you respond to this statement?
08-07-2012, 08:15 AM,
RE: How would you respond to this statement?
I have heard variations of that from a few different people and I think you responded exactly the way you should. Some people unfortunately still view wearing hair in a negative light and there isn't much you can do to change their minds. As long as it looks good and YOU are happy with the result, who cares what someone else thinks? It's just hair. Women wear makeup....should they just "accept it and love who they are" instead of trying to improve their appearance and in the process feel better about themselves? No one in mainstream society would question that, but some people can't accept the idea of wearing fake hair? Doesn't make much sense when you look at it logically which means that anyone who has an issue with it isn't looking at it logically.

If it makes you feel good, forget about what anyone else thinks.
08-07-2012, 08:59 AM,
don't take it negatively. Woman where make up, get breast implants and if theyre hair was thinning at early age than they would get a wig too.
You only live one life and you must live it to the fullest that includes looking you best. Also remember its your body and you got the right to do whatever you what to it.
08-07-2012, 11:30 AM,
That idea can be applied to anything. Do we not get false teeth or implants when we lose our teeth because they wouldn't be real. Like has been said you only go around once in life. I made my mind up I don't like being bald so I wear a system. I don't care who likes it or not. It is my life. I want the best quality of hair that looks natural at the best price. I am even considering ordering from China to cut out the middle man and get a better price.
08-07-2012, 03:07 PM,
Sorry to hear about your dilemma and the issues.

The main question is ; how do you feel about wearing? Are you happy about what it can look like and how you feel with hair on your head?
I'm sure a few of us on here have gone through the block with frustration about our hair issues. I went about 5 years up to this year, constantly thinking about my hair and what I should do with it. I huffed and puffed about wearing a partial, and even at the start I flipped out a bit as I wasn't mentally ready and still there are challenges to be met with bonding, finding glues/tapes and such that suit my body type etc and I'm still finding out about it.

One thing though, I do not regret it at all. I feel a lot happier with hair on my head. I wear two small partial pieces and it blends in with the rest of my hair for now. First few weeks, I felt like such a poser, catching myself in the windows of cars, mirrors anywhere just to look at the hair. Also, to check if it was still on Wink but I can't believe how happier I feel now with this minor change.

Like most have said here, do what makes you feel happy with the system. Has your mother seen you with it on? I can imagine if anyone of us said to 95% of the population that we wanted to wear a wig/hairpiece/system - whatever we call it, that they would laugh or think 'DON'T DO IT!' because engrained in their head will be the stereotypical rug. Huge thick density moptopchop up top with thin sides.

Sorry for going on, but this is not a dress rehearsal and we should make the most of life and be happy and feel good about ourselves. If that's shaving our head and feel fine about it, do that or if it's using some concealers, do it. Or if it's au-natural and letting nature take its course, go for it and if it's taping some hair to your head, go for it.

Hope it works out for you.
08-09-2012, 02:01 AM,
I won't rehash what everyone has said, and they are all great points, but after over 35 years of hair wearing, I can say, I just feel better about myself. Now that I am 60, I feel even better about how I look. Hair takes 10 years off me. The whole game is how it makes you feel. My 85 year old mother in law wears, and I think it gives her so much self confidence along with good health, that she feels 70.
08-11-2012, 10:54 PM,
From looking at the pictures, my guess would be that there are a few factors working together here causing your problems...

-- the texture of the piece looks coarser than your natural hair (shaft diameter)
-- the ventilation of the piece does not match the growing pattern of your natural hair
-- the grey percentage looks a little off (maybe just the flash?)
-- the haircut looks "choppy" and over blended

Let John take a look at your pics and advise you how to specify a custom order to the factory to insure you get a good match to your natural hair in all the above listed areas as possible.

*** Make sure to include a few good pictures in with your order that clearly show the density and growth patten of your existing hair, along with a good sized hair sample.

I think once these areas are tweaked correctly, you should have a good match.

Don't be too discouraged. Not many of us get all our specs right the first time around... Stick in there and you'll get it right!
08-12-2012, 04:28 AM,
Drew, Next time its off your head, put it on a stand, dampen it and use a hair dryer & comb to train the hair to go in the directions you want.
Not too hot, but get the dryer right down to the roots.
08-12-2012, 06:58 AM,
I suppose when I was your age I ` worried` what others thought about things I did...... looking back, none of it mattered. As long as you`re not interfering in any way with any person or causing a problem for them, just do your own thing.....it`s your life, you`re an adult person in your own right, and you don`t have to ` justify ` yourself to anyone, irrespective of who they are.
Wearing and especially taking the plunge for the first time is a stressful thing for most people......you don`t need ` hassle` from those around you on top of it all...... do as rscout advises in relation to your specs., and don`t be discouraged ..... we`ve all been through it, so don`t give up.
Just live your life for you --not by someone else`s ` rules` / expectations.
08-15-2012, 02:34 PM,
Hey guys, just wanted to log in and give a recap of what has been going on since I started this thread about my first week wearing a hair system. First of all, i want to thank everybody for their words of encouragement and for taking the time to comment and help me with what was an extremely stressful time for me. I dont know what you guys will think of this but I have decided after a week or so of wearing to take the system off and let my hair grow back. Right now it is at a #3 buzz and it doesn't look too bad, although I have to use toppik to bolster my hairline and make it look thicker. I am not totally happy with my real hair but the logic is that I should enjoy it now and not wear a system again until I absolutely have to. I am not going to say that I am done with hairwearing, its just that the stylist that I went to was not the best and the piece that I was wearing was borderline unwearable. If i had to choose between the bad rug and my buzzed cut now, I think alot of you guys would agree with my choice to go with the buzz cut. What i did learn from wearing hair for over one week was how a system works, how its like to go out with it and have it on day-to-day. If anything this was a valuable experience and I learned what the process was. I would definitely have things to tweak if I get another piece, I am even pondering trying a fullcap since I am keeping my hair buzzed down. However, one of the problems that I had is that I probably should not have told my parents right away. Having the fights that I had with my family over wearing was very difficult, it caused me alot of stress and tension and it made me very hesitant to continue wearing. Maybe I will reconsider and do it again but it was such a stressful experience that it put me off of wearing for awhile.
08-16-2012, 12:25 AM,
Drew sorry to hear about the stress wearing caused. You have to do what is best for you. After all it is your life. You only roam the top side of the soil once. So you have to be happy with the man in the mirror. Some fellows look good with a buzz cut like Capt. Pickard (sp?) of Star Trek. Myself I know, or at least I think, I don't look good buzzed or bald.

Good luck and keep smiling!

macmike