Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New thin skin
08-13-2012, 09:58 AM,
RE: New thin skin
James, yeah I am really liking this thin skin. How long does your piece last?
08-13-2012, 08:36 PM,
SkinStrange but the last few hairline bonds on.my med skin system
Has been amazing,

At first,the early bonds where not very pleasing
The last few mm,if you touched the very edge would lift,discreetly,
I'm being pedantic,but you've got to be,

Another learning curve coming from a lace hairline,
only real criticism I had with moving to skin from sfsl
Is the perfection. Or uniformity if a skin hairline to perfect

Bonding now,hairline is amazing gives super confidence
I'll have to take note of the amount of adhesive I'm using

And other prep

But yeah,no grids line,worries,

I love reading you're posts fellow wearers
Browsing you're pics

I look at follicly challenged men woman
And just want to help

I'd love it if it were accepted in society

I'd love walk over to them and say you could look
Feel so amazing,

yeah yeah maybee there happy, but if you knew how good hair could , does look would you be acceptting,

offcourse theve crossed the threshhold of no return,
everyone knows there bald,
iv prob just answered my q,

but if youre thinning,make the transition early.

Hope this is formatted ok written composed on my
Galaxy s 2
Bit if a nightmare posting to a forum
Anty
08-18-2012, 11:24 PM,
Hey Ibetalot,

I have some questions:

How thick is your thin skin? 0.3mm or 0.5mm?
How see-through is the material? Does one see stubbles underneath it? I assume one can't see the shine of glue underneath it?
Does the material just come in clear or are there specific colours (like clear bit a bit darker tint etc.)
Do the new thin skins make an unnatural sound when one scratches own's head?

Thanks a lot for answering!

Best,

d
08-19-2012, 02:37 AM,
Hi AsperoO,
I can answer the questions you have about the New Generation super thin skin base. It's .03mm. The material is translucent so that the color of your skin will show through the base. It does not have stubble underneath it. You will not see the shin of glue underneath it since the translucent base blocks that. They are no colors available since translucent is the most natural looking and allows the scalp color to show. I've never experienced the unnatural sound that you describe when scratching your head---but if anyone does that's a relatively insignificant point giving the extremely realistic appearance of this unit. The hair line just disappears!
Regards,
John
08-19-2012, 08:08 AM,
I have said this many times. It doesn't really matter if the skin is thick or thin when it comes to comfort in terms of heat and sweat. The thing that is important to keep in mind which no one really talks about is HOW you attach the system. If you plan on just attaching the perimeter of the system, it will get hot sticky and nasty. The reason is there is space and air between ur skin and the system so sweat and bacteria will fester. If you bond your entire head, it will feel more comfortable in terms of getting sticky because the glue will be sealing off your sweat glands and theres no air or space between it for moisture to build up. So if you are worried about sweat or feeling gross underneath the system when your sweating, keep in mind your going to have to bond the whole thing to your head not just the perimeter. Because the sweat will build up underneath.

I find lace more comfortable because u can attach just the perimeter and it breaths.. U could use many different types of tape or adhesives, whereas with very thin skin your limited to mostly liquid glues that aren't too strong. Another issue with skin is your scalp really wants to sweat and sooner or later I feel like ur oils just break everything down faster because it never gets a chance to cool down. Lastly, when u bond the skin to your entire scalp. There is no heat transfer off the top of your head. In some people that might cause you to feel hotter than normally because a lot of heat is lost through the top of our head.

just some considerations to think about. Everyone is different.
08-19-2012, 09:05 AM,
Hey d,

John answered how thin the skin is. Yes the material is see through, as I posted earlier when I first put it on my head I hadn't even glued it down yet, and the front hairline was invisible. There is no stubble visible and absolutely NO KNOTS!!

The skin does make a bit of a crinkly sound, but my template was made a bit too big so I think the excess skin is the reason why.
08-19-2012, 10:40 AM,
Thanks for the response.

So you guys would reckon that a thin skin haurline is as undetectable as an SFS hairline?
08-19-2012, 08:45 PM,
I was a firm Believer of sfsl hairline front,it was all I’d known
my hair salon ordered me sfsl front , middle,and poly perimeter.
To kinda get the best of both worlds,

Hmmm,im 3 months into wearing my skin hair system,
What I disliked straight away was the uniformity of the hairline,
Seemed to perfect to me,
And generally there is a difference between sfsl, randomness of the hairs,
And skin systems uniformity.

The actual bond always seemed solid with sfsl,

But I’m moving back to sit on the fence,
As the learning curve, bonding my medium skin hairline with orwg has yielded superb results,
Rock solid,

The last few days here in the uk it’s been very clammy, wet forearms tell you it’s goanna be one of those days.
and the hold hasn’t budged.

But aside the bonding between sfsl& skin, which is prop 50-50

I’m thinking the great advantage of skin is no grid pattern,

According to my one lady salon two years ago in October,
Sfsl is so yesterday everyone’s wearing skin nowadays,

Having mentioned all of the above,
The magic formula to hairlines and pieces or cherry’s on the cake
Is the use of product,to give added breakup, texture, shine, protection,
08-20-2012, 05:45 AM,
I def agree with that. They don't ventilate the skin the same way as lace. They always want to cover up the front edge. They should vent the skin the same way as lace with the really super thin skins. I also agree with the benefit of no grid pattern in diff lighting conditions.

I still say on laces best day it still is better overall in look and comfort.

HOw are you guys attaching your skin systems.. FUll head bond? Perimeter? What type of glue? How is the clean up?
08-23-2012, 10:08 PM,
I've been wearing .03mm thin skins for about a year now ...

My experience mirrors Xeon's. A full head bond solves most of the downsides of skin ... the heat issue, as mentioned ... and the unnatural sound like crinkling paper--any unbonded portion does produce this sound when touched.

FWIW,
~FB