Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how short can you go?
08-10-2009, 05:44 AM,
how short can you go?
How short can you cut a topper? And does it make a difference on which base - meaning sfs vs. thinskin? Is there a particular ventilation that lends itself better - maybe forward? At what point does the hair not look natural?

some guy posted a link to the ridiculous huffington post site that has "the mainy hairlines of jeremy piven". This style is one I'd like to emulate

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/08/jeremy-pivens-many-hairli_n_252206.html?slidenumber=4#slide_image">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/0 ... lide_image</a><!-- m -->
08-10-2009, 07:05 AM,
Re: how short can you go?
This one guy I know gets his cut down to a number 2, which is a 1/4 inch. I wouldn't personally go that short. I know my sides for blending in some areas are as short as a half inch.
08-10-2009, 08:16 AM,
James, I wouldn't want to go that low. But what about 1/2"? Will that look abnormal?

What about your friend with his buzzed, does it look strange?
08-10-2009, 08:25 AM,
He's got kind of a punky look with bangs, so it doesn't look extremely abnormal, but still kinda weird.

1/2 inch is still pretty dang short! The problem is if you want to comb it or not. At that length it might get kind of hard to do anything with it if the hair is being limp one day.
08-10-2009, 10:21 AM,
Jeeze if one is going to go 1/2" bald IS an option.....or paint.
08-10-2009, 10:55 AM,
hey, bald isn't an option for me. i have a f'ing transplant scar that goes from ear to ear and can never be fixed. otherwise i wouldn't even be doing this shit and I'd just shave my head and move on. Unfortunately I started balding when I was 18 and my freak out caused me to go and get all scarred up.

I'm stuck because not only do I have a scar but my side/back hair is dwindling to nothing. Hair texture is thin and the hair is sparse, you can see scalp everywhere. It totally sucks. I might have to do get a full cap, that might be my only option. I'm not looking forward to that prospect, but who knows. I need to see a video of how someone does a 3/4 cap or full cap. How do they create a template for that.

Wasn't someone going to do a fullcap video?
08-10-2009, 11:16 AM,
NotGuilty Wrote:<SNIP>

Wasn't someone going to do a fullcap video?

Yes, JRob was but he seems to have gone walk about.
He was promising it for a long time.

Smile
Fred