Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love Life experiences with hair replacement - What has changed?
08-07-2012, 10:25 AM,
RE: Love Life experiences with hair replacement - What has changed?
Thanks a lot for all your responses so far!

Since someone here complained about that you "don't hear from most of the thread posters anymore (after they get replies from the other users)", I would like to take the chance and "tell my story":

I'm 25 years old. I attend college over here in Germany. I've been losing my hair for the last 4-5 years. The "funny" thing about my hairloss is that I became aware of it only like two years ago, when I was already kind of a Norwood 3. In those 2-3 years before, I never really gave a sh*t about it, I didn't LOVE my receding temple points, but my impression was, that they didn't really stand in my way of leading a happy and successfull life. I was dating some of the most attractive girls during that phase, I was getting quite a lot sexual attention, many girls made comments/jokes about my hairloss but ended up in an affair or relationship with me anyways.

When my hairloss was "breaking bad" (pun intended), I switched to wearing caps and hats whenever I left my flat. That was like 1 1/2 years ago. I was lucky, because that headwear suited my overall alternative clothing style quite well. But nevertheless I began to worry at that time. But right before I could begin to feel all self-conscious I met my ex-girlfriend. She was the prettiest girl I've been with so far and - after seeing me without any headwear for the first time - said, that she didn't care about my receding hair and even thought that I was the most attractive boy she had ever been with (well...). She also liked men who wear caps in general, so all of my ego-problems seemed to have vanished within a single moment. I just could wear my caps and hats in every social situation and come home to a girl which felt love for the "balding me". It was just too perfect to be true.

We split up four months ago (for other, non hair related reasons...at least, that's what I believe) and now here I am: quite desperate, veeery self-conscious, very frightened by the future image of being a hairless, single male in his mid-twenties.

An important thing about my not-wanting-to-just-shave-my-head is the fact, that I'm a quite thin person. I'm 185 cm tall and weigh about 76 kilo. Which is not KZ-survivor-thin but under the average of a "regular" 25 year old male. Being kind of skinny never really was a problem for me (until my hair started to fall out). The girls didn't seem to be bothered by it, I didn't try to hide it as I thought that it was way better than being too "fat" or too small. In summers I even used to wear tanktops and stuff to show that I'm okay with my body, and my enviroment always seemed to respect me for this kind of publicly demonstrated self-assurance. I just was the tall, thin, confident boy with the curly hair.

Keeping in mind my body shape, a shaved head kind of gives me the "Moby-look" (except the fact that I'm like 15 centimeters taller than him and don't wear glasses). That's the main reason why I want to try a hairpiece in order to cover my baldness. I'm not saying that an athletic person with a well trained body will ever be happy with becoming bald. It's just the thing that this type of person in many cases can pull off the Bruce Willis/Kelly Slater/Vin Diesel-look and will find a lot of girls that dig such style. A good example for this is JRob, as I regard it. He's kind of a "grizzlie"(which is meant positively!) and even among my female friends (all girls in their twenties) there are quite a lot who would fall for men like him.

Being bald and kind of a "heavyweight" (NOT fat) can give you a very masculine, strong appearance. Being bald and a "lightweight" (does this word exist?) CAN tend to make you look "sick" and even thinner then you already are.

That's the reason why I wanna "take the plunge".

I do thank all of you again for sharing your thoughts, impressions and experiences,

so far,

T.C.

Edit: I didn't intend to disrespect "Moby" by any means. I like him as an artist and the smart, funny, intellectual human being he is ! Smile