Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ORWG is really Elmers glue?
07-28-2012, 06:48 AM,
ORWG is really Elmers glue?
Hi guys been looking for a better and stronger glue and just started googling oil resistant white glue. I found a thread from another site and a couple other sites that are saying that it is the exact same makeup as Elmers glue for arts and crafts and that it even smells the same. I didnt see a post on here about it so if it's old news sorry, and if not can anyone chime in?

just had a look at elmers site and this glue has a modified acrylic polymer same as they said on the other site inregards to what another supplier is saying is in it

http://www.elmers.com/product/detail/E43...Path=craft
07-28-2012, 07:50 AM,
RE: ORWG is really Elmers glue?
I would have to doubt that it's the same. The major difference is that ORWG dries tacky and Elmer's doesn't. If it was exactly the same stuff it would be great because it's super easy to get and super cheap. But I used to think the same thing and did a test with some on my arm and once it dried it was not tacky/sticky.
07-28-2012, 05:56 PM,
That's good to know but which Elmer's glue did you try? Maybe there is a different one? My only question is that it seems every orwg I've seen has a different label and nobody carries it in Canada and only one place in the US.

Has anyone else tried ?
07-29-2012, 10:12 AM,
No one carries it in Canada? If you're in Ontario, Michael's craft store carries it. I tried the Elmer's school glue which is the non-toxic version. I also tried the Glue-All version. Unless I am missing some other type, this is definitly not the same as ORWG. It does not dry tacky and it peels off the skin really easily. It would be completely useless for lace pieces. The admin on the other forum who states it's exactly the same as ORWG and the only difference is the label has got his facts completely messed up.
07-30-2012, 03:48 PM,
Lol no I meant greeting the orwg in Canada not the Elmer's.
07-30-2012, 09:02 PM,
You can buy ORWG in bulk from this company:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/493518..._Glue.html

But, because it goes off at low temperatures, you'd probably have to use special shipping.
07-31-2012, 06:49 AM,
That seems expensive. The main seller of ORWG sells it for a lot less than that and it ships from the states. They sell it in batches of 12 bottles too for a good price.

I am starting to move away from ORWG because it just isn't doing the job in any kind of humid or hot conditions and my hairline looks a mess after 2 days and lifts when I try to style my hair. Davlyn is giving me a super tight hold on the hairline and hides the lace much better too. Now I'm using a stiff paint brush to apply it, it's a cinch to apply. I will probably try using this brush with Vapon No tape which is evern better for hold and peels off like tape when cleaning up (if you don't leave it too long) to see if it's easier to apply as application is the only problem with the vapon.
07-31-2012, 07:36 PM,
Out of interest, how much are you paying per bottle of ORWG?
The Alibaba was quoting £8 per bottle but you'd pay at least half that if bought in bulk.
The price here is approx £10 a bottle, so it would be a significant saving compared to the UK price.
I ordered some Davlyn Black and then got an email saying they were out of stock, so I'm still waiting.
08-02-2012, 06:14 AM,
I'm paying $5.75 which is about £3.68 per bottle. But that is in the states from the original seller which I won't name here out of fairness to Toplace. If you're in the UK you won't find it at that price. I order some hair supplies from a UK shop occasionally because they can ship things to me faster than I can get them in North America. Bargainlacewigs.co.uk is the place and they sell ORWG for about 9 or 10 GBP. They also sell the Davlyn. I highly recommend them and use them any time I am visiting the UK.