Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearers From Scotland
07-27-2012, 10:11 PM,
Wearers From Scotland
I know there are a couple of guys here from Scotland. Would love to share feedback with you guys etc. Feel like I'm all alone up here in Scotland!
07-29-2012, 07:58 AM,
RE: Wearers From Scotland
Hey, am from Scotland, near to Glasgow!
anything you need just gimme a shout
07-30-2012, 02:47 AM,
Hi Daveraver. I'm from up in Aberdeen with the sheep! Thanks for the comment.

I noticed that Kevinme is from Scotland too. Would be great to converse with all us Scots!

How long have you been wearing for?
07-30-2012, 11:58 AM,
How do you guys cope with the windy and wet weather whilst wearing a piece?
07-31-2012, 02:55 AM,
Hey there

Good to see you Scots on board and gives us some options for cut in's and what will work for us with the terrible climate we have to endure Wink seems like summer is deciding not to come for us this year and no doubt in August, it'll be full autumn/winter mode.

How are things, B82? I remember your first post and asking for opinions. Did you decide to order or plugging away with the toppik for the moment?

I've only recently started wearing a smaller topper to fill in a bit and I blend it in with my remaining hair and some hairspray and cannot say I'm too faced by the weather. I've been out in windy weather and some humid stuff and can't complain too much but I don't have a 'real' piece at the moment as it's a small 4-5 inch topper but I assume it's just the same as wearing a bigger one.
My main issue has been getting the piece to stay down with my oily/greasy skin but with the scalp protector it seems to be doing a lot better.

All the best.
07-31-2012, 06:08 AM,
Great to hear from you Kevinme! You're story is so similar to mine and reading through some of your old posts, your fears and anxieties are the same as I have.

I'm still using the Toppik right now. Nobody has mentioned a thing which is great, so I'm using this as the in-between step in going to a system. Trying to get my friends used to seeing me without the dreaded bald spot!

Can I ask where you went for a cut in? Where do you buy your accessories from?
07-31-2012, 09:46 AM,
Ive been wearing almost 20 years now. first went to Advanced Hair studio in Leeds and paid £1500 for my very first piece that was atrocious. its incredible to think how far the quality of hair pieces have came in those 20 years. im talking about no scalp see through, density of a ridiculous level and a very unnatural hair line. Stuck down with thick cloth double sided tape!!!

then went to nu-style north west from Stockport. Much cheaper and the pieces were better. however since the internet boom around 2001sh, i stumbled across Toplace. BA phoned me and gave me the info etc. i thought he was full of crap but i took the plunge and couldnt believe how good Toplace is

i now wear ilace units that are incredible. cant recommend them highly enough. i cut in my own units, though the last one i got cut in by a stylist and im not too happy with the cut, so ill just do it my self again. i use a robo cutter which has said me £100s in cut in over the years. i found that my last cut in was something i could do just as good myself but the tricky part is always the blend with your own natural hair.

if theres any advice you need, please dont hesitate to ask, this is what the forum is all about for us guys.
08-01-2012, 06:55 AM,
Hi Daveraver

Where do you find get your tapes/glue from etc?

I'm still trying to soak in as much knowledge as possible at the moment, so your offer of advice is extremely appreciated.

Also looking for a stylist based in Scotland. I have had one recommended to me in Newcastle, but would be easier for me to have someone closer to home.

I found a place where I live, but there was something in their tone I didn't like just through emails. They do a lot of work with the NHS. Will I get in trouble if I name the company here?
08-01-2012, 08:27 AM,
Hi b82

i get my supplies from bargainlacewigs.com
always found them reasonable and they have everything you will ever need. as for a stylist, there is one in Glasgow that i use and i understand that there is another in Dunfermline who charges around £20 which is excellent. my stylist in Glasgow charges £50 which tbh, i think is excessive

as for styling products, dont be fooled by all the fancy dan stuff out there. try and stic to products that are alcohol free such as John Frieda Frizz ease. id also highly recommend a pomade such as Black and White's which costs about £5

As for shampoo and conditioner, i use tres semme. i shampoo every 10 days or so, or when you feel there is too much product weighing your hair down. when you wash your scalp id highly recommend a medicated shampoo such as Nutrugena to keep the scalp healthy, followed up by a light spray of liquid bandage that u can get in ASDA for about £5.

Another product i recommend is Got2B Glued - a popular styling gel from Swarzkoff, if you ever get a rash on your scalp from using tapes or adhesives. this Gel is excellent of using as a temporary adhesive to let the scalp recover. having a rash is no laughing matter Sad
08-03-2012, 05:39 AM,
Cheers Daveraver, will check them out.

Would you mind sharing with me who you use in Glasgow?

I'm still not sure if I'll be using tape and/or glue. I wouldn't be showing my hairline.

Again, if there's anyone else in this forum from Scotland, come along and say hi!