Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicken Pox
07-16-2012, 07:15 AM,
Chicken Pox
Been diagnosed with chicken pox and the rash is starting to affect my scalp and face

Not great. Taking the piece off for a week doesnt seem a good idea of course and would be thankful if anyone has had similar problems or any general advice they could share?

Thanks
07-16-2012, 08:29 AM,
RE: Chicken Pox
Hope this clears up quickly for you..not a nice thing to have, especially as an adult. I can only assume that you will have some type of medicated lotion prescribed for you ? All I can suggest is that if such a topical-treatment is needed on the scalp, to soothe irritation/itching , apply it to some small sticking-plasters and place them over/on top of the irritated area..... just do a very ` light` perimeter bond ...use just a few small strips of tape here and there to simply prevent the system moving/slipping...... you can easily pop the thing off your head for sleeping......the plasters will prevent any medications such as cream/lotion from staining or affecting your lace....try not to actually rub at any itchy areas under your system or you can get localised shedding...just press against the itchy bit is you really have to..... when I wore all -poly with a full head bond using glue, years back, I eventually got scalp irritation ` localised` , and it looked and felt like it wasn`t far off becoming infected..... I applied Sudocrem to the padded part of plasters, stuck them onto the scalp so they covered the red areas, and that was a barrier with my system.... I just did a light perimeter bond for a while ,for ease of removal , so I could replace the plasters ...hope that helps.....get well soon !
07-16-2012, 08:51 AM,
Thanks Paul, you are always a great person for posting much appreciated advice. Im going over to the Emerald Isle in a few weeks, Sligo to meet family over there. Gorgeous part of the world on the west coast

ive not been prescribed any meds yet, but ive got some creams that help the itching. im at the stage where the spots and rash are appearing everywhere. My scalp is littered with them just now. ive washed the peice and applied some anti bacterial shampoo over my scalp.

ive put four blobs of GTBG (a hair wearer's dream) on my scalp so the rest of the perimeter is free of glue or tape. im worried about infection on my scalp when the blsiters start to crust over.
07-16-2012, 09:16 AM,
You better bring a bit of sunshine with you Dave....been a washout in this part of the world this year !! West coast is lovely all right....you`ll have to go to the Cliffs of Moher if you haven`t been already....worth a visit.
If you can leave the system off overnight, and apply a coat of this http://www.sudocrem.com/ before you sleep,it will help big-time....it`s very soothing and healing. The Got2b is handy all right--ideal for fast /easy removal like you need just now.... keep me posted !
07-17-2012, 11:36 PM,
i live in Scotland- fat chance of me bringing any sunshine over!!
ive had to take the piece off as my scalp, head etc is totally covered in nasty nipping and irritable blisters. the base is irritating it a bit more and im really suffering with this at the moment

im wearing a skull cap to get around the home as its a bit more comfortable. just applying loads and loads of lotion to keep the scalp area clean and healthy
07-18-2012, 08:52 AM,
Lovely country [Scotland] --don`t know how anyone can stick the cold there in winter..... and I imagine ` summer` wouldn`t exactly be too warm either. Sounds like you`re having a horrible time with that irritation, let alone you must be feeling quite unwell too.... the Sudocrem will help once the thing starts to abate.... hope you`ll recover fast.