Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie: How to prepare a new piece
07-11-2012, 06:48 PM,
RE: Newbie: How to prepare a new piece
That Enhance conditioner--- I swear by it ! No build-up / residues and keeps hair in great condition.
I was sweating a lot yesterday while working outside......came in, removed system, then hopped into the shower.....had the water not very hot, and just wet the system by allowing water at the underside[base]..it obviously flows through onto the hair...I applied a little Johnsons baby shampoo directly to the base and lathered/spread it with my hand...simply to remove the sweat-residue....rinsed it off almost immediately.....didn`t apply any to the hair. Blotted it dry on a towel, applied ` Enhance` and lightly brushed it in...job done. No need to be constantly shampooing the hair itself....guys get totally carried -away with shampooing system hair... you`ll only dry it out and lift the colour....dryness is the main issue with it so a good conditioner like that will pay you back big-time.
You should get yourself a polystyrene head-form to sit your system on....this will help keep it`s shape and is handy for if you want to ` work` on your system.
Before the cut-in, I usually allow mine to sit for a week or so, mist it daily with water and gently brush it through....this helps it settle down, and some of the factory ` bounce` comes out of it, making it better for the stylist to give a more accurate cut.
When applying knot-sealer, I`d wait until after the cut-in, especially if it`s a freestyle system, because it ` locks` the knots into place, so if your stylist tries to comb/style the hair into a particular direction, it will ` resist`....... usually a week to ten days after the cut-in, will be fineto apply it..only barely dab it on....do NOT wet the lace with it , or it will seep through onto the hair and dry into clumps.......it`s a acrylic material and you only need it to form a light ` skin` on the lace/knots.....use a cotton-pad and barely dab at the knots....it shouldn`t look ` wet` while you`re doing it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newbie: How to prepare a new piece - Paul In Ireland - 07-11-2012, 06:48 PM