New To All Of This- My Story
07-14-2012, 06:05 AM,
RE: New To All Of This- My Story
iv got it down to around two hours now,
thats after 3 weeks of wearing,

yeah its worth the effort, knowing its worthwhile and you look, and feel great,
07-14-2012, 06:48 AM,
I wish I could say I felt & looked great.
I just feel & look 'right'.
Without hair I look & feel wrong.
07-14-2012, 09:45 AM,
I must be lucky in that I can knock out my de/re bond in 45 minutes to an hour. It still sucks though. Actually, I find cleaning the mirror after the mirror slide to be quite annoying!that and getting glue out of the hair.
07-14-2012, 12:53 PM,
Amstat,What's your routine please? I would be thrilled with a 90 minutes de/re bond time.
07-14-2012, 03:10 PM,
I just debond with 90 percent alcohol....use Desolvit on the scalp, let it soak for 5 minutes or so and scrape it off with a credit card. Apply more Desolvit and comb it through my own hair with a metal comb while in the shower. I use a rough wash cloth on my scalp with some dawn dish washing liquid to get the rest off of my scalp. Then mirror slide, clean the mirror, quick shave with the clippers wipe scalp down one more time with some alcohol, apply three coats of glue apply the piece, condition and style. 1 Hour on average.

The credit card trick is a real short cut!
07-14-2012, 03:39 PM,
Thanks for the quick response.What glue do you use and how long does your bond last?
07-14-2012, 05:24 PM,
I use ghost bond or safe grip. Get about 7 days from safe grip and up to 12 days from ghost bond. But since I am a runner and it is summer time, a week is the most I will push either. Usually get some lifting at day three which requires another application and touch up in spots. Heat is the enemy in this game I am realizing.
07-14-2012, 07:28 PM,
Amstat, cover the mirror with some cling wrap and do the mirror slide on that. Exactly the same effect, but instead of having to clean the mirror, you just remove the plastic and throw it in the trash.
07-14-2012, 09:51 PM,
re the credit card,

i was lying in bed pondering what i could use to remove the glue,

and actually thought aghh that would work, nice sharp edge,

im going to try it next debond.
07-15-2012, 04:55 AM,
Thanks for the tip black nail!