Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I-Lace Island pics
07-28-2012, 04:13 PM,
RE: I-Lace Island pics
Wow. Just used the 3 mil tape for the front.
I can brush back now with results like reubin.
It's very thin tape and needs care when peeling and applying but worth the results
I will detatch in a week or so. Let's see how easy it is to remove n clean.
My abused piece from 30 days in the sun n ocean had become lighter in color.
I dyed it using off the shelf clairol product.
Allowed dye on the piece for 10 mins instead of 20.
Now it looks great again.
Stick it and proflex tape on the sides.
One long piece of tape for the middle and it's solid.
Went swimming in pools, ocean. I got sweaty dripping sweat from
Walking for hours in 100 degree weather.
No problems.
08-04-2012, 02:07 PM,
wow these results are amazing! i plan on wearing soon and this is perfect (this style matches what i currently have already). can you please explain what you mean by ordered blonde fronts?
08-04-2012, 07:57 PM,
Very dark hair like Reubin's tend to have dark knots where they are tied to the lace base and can be obvious along the front hairline.
Like little black dots.
When hair is this dark, its not always possible to bleach the knots so that those dots disappear.
So Reubin, and others, order hair that is blonde at the front and the dye the hair darker to match the rest of the piece, but avoid the knots.
That way they have bleached knots you can't see, but dark hair all over.

I hope that helps.
08-13-2012, 04:58 PM,
Great look. I'll add a couple of quick observations. I have a full cap "rock star" wig with I-lace island, and I can tell you that is scary how realistic the scalp look is with I-lace. Keep in mind that you can go with just 1/2" -3/4" of lace in front, if you use blond hair there it won't be a lot to dye.

While this wig did not have blond, I have used blonde and dyed it. IMO, when there is 1/4" or so of blonde hair at the root it can look more realistic. There is an illusion of "baby hairs" growing, and the darker hair just appearing "from nowhere" as it were. Not that it would stand up to micro-close examination, it's more of a subtle subliminal thing that will appear as natural to the average observer.
08-18-2012, 09:48 PM,
I used 3 mil tape for the front and it looked amazing.
After 10 days or so I detatched. The area with 3 mil tape took
Much longer to clean.
What's optimal timeframe to detatch with 3 mil tape?
08-19-2012, 10:04 AM,
How is ilace concerning detection to the touch ? (with of course sfs at the perimeter)
As the knots are under the second lace that is on the top of the system, maybe the surface of the hairpiece is softer than classic knotted sfs lace. . Am i right ?
is it comparable to thin skin ?
08-20-2012, 05:56 AM,
Awesome pictures looks great. The dots or knots are fine. They actually make it look more realistic to me. Because they look like tiny baby hairs just poking thru the follicles.. some people have hairs like that and it makes it look even more real to me. I would leave it the way it is and not touch it.

I used to use 3mil tape so many years ago, Its kind of finicky and hard to clean up from what I remember. I believe his pics would look just as good if he used liquid glue. Don't think everyone should rush to use 3mil unless they want to experiment with stronger holds etc. Using that tape isn't going to make your hairline look as good as his lol. IM curious why they just haven't made a no res tape as thin as they could make it.
08-22-2012, 09:15 AM,
hey reubin. the piece looks amazing. is it possible to get a close-up photo of the piece completely parted from the front of the hairline to the island. i'm curious to know what the transition from the lace to the island looks like when it is attached to the head. i've been considering getting a similar unit but think i should stick to a uniform base since certain activities often bring people in close proximity to my hair.
08-23-2012, 09:50 AM,
do you apply the tape on the lace or on the skin?
09-10-2012, 07:37 AM,
reubin, how many months does an average piece last you? and what kind of product are you using to slick back hair, is it any specific gel to prolong usage? Thanks!