Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pics of New Generation base
07-12-2012, 05:23 AM,
RE: Pics of New Generation base
Thanks PipperStef. Think I might give it a try this weekend as the wedding is now only a month away, so I should be good.
You may have said, and I missed it, but how did you cut it down? Did you use scissors or a razor? I presume the base has to be more accurately cut all around than for the lace.

Thanks
07-12-2012, 05:54 AM,
Don`t know how I didn`t comment on this before now....it slipped through my ` net` ;-)
Well-done there .......... getting the remote cut-in`s can be ` hit and miss`, but in this case, it`s exceptionally well done and looks SO natural on you.. I`m sure you`re delighted, as you deserve to be.
07-12-2012, 11:34 PM,
PipperStef, very impressive. However, as a prospective wearer I'd like to ask you some less typical questions.

How natural does the hair look when you wake up on the morning? I read somewhere an expression pieces look like 'a dead cat' on the morning. Is this also your experience?

And do you think it is feasible to live with a partner who has no idea you are wearing?

And what is NG? Do you think that with 75% density it is better than Ilace or Swiss in terms of undetectability to touch or in close-up situations? In your opinion, is it suitable to a semi-active lifestyle (running, hiking, swimming in the sea) in a Mediterranean climate (28-38 Celsius form spring till late autumn)?
07-13-2012, 02:19 AM,
I feel I should point out that waking up with hair that looks like a dead cat on your head is something people get whether its their natural hair or otherwise.
Hence the expression "Bed-Head".
Most hair gets messed up during sleep.
07-13-2012, 03:05 AM,
Yes, I am aware of that. But is it the same kind of bed-hair as with own hair, which I would call "disheveled", or much more along the lines of the dead cat licked all over, which I never had with my hair.
07-13-2012, 07:04 AM,
There is no difference between the two.
Hair wearers don't experience anything more or less 'dishevelled' than any one else would.
The extent of the 'dishevelment' will depend upon how you sleep, what product you have in your hair and the fabric you rest your head upon and therefore that will vary from person to person.

This is applicable to any one with hair, natural or otherwise and there is no 'one rule fits all' and hair wearers don't experience this any differently to anybody else.
07-16-2012, 07:54 AM,
I love NG-pieces, I use this for a year, however I find it very unfortunate that the V-loop lasts only 3 a 4 weeks ... after 3 weeks (worn day and night), there is a lot of hair loss. After 4 weeks the thickness is such that I must order a new one. (too much conditioner, oil products , I get the impression that this also accelerates the hair loss.
I find the front on me more invisible than all lace products that I have seen so far and have tested so and I must honestly say, in many photo here on the forum, I see clearly that it is a hairpiece, but perhaps that will come through bad cut hairstyles.
Yes folks, simply go to a real Barber ipv itself with a scissors or cluttering robocutter ...
Any barber will cut your head, if its fake or real, they really dont give a cr*p...
07-22-2012, 07:15 AM,
Note to self. Ghostbond hairline turns to milk on a hot day.

Live and learn. Will dig out my ultra hold for the hair line.

I'm also stuck because my barber took today off, and I have my new peice on with nobody to cut it! Aaaghh!
11-23-2012, 06:32 AM,
I just came across this pic.. It looks great on you. It fits your style.. but for my style with shorter hair. I think I might face the same problems I always do with skin units. They like bending the hairs forward, its all about hiding the skin edge with skin pieces.. So with shorter styles its harder to get a natural looking hairline when u want to comb the hair back and or straight up. it wants to bend forward and go up. For some people like this guy it works out perfect and is preferred. But I would like more of a lace ventilation.. where they don't care about covering up the line.
11-27-2012, 12:10 PM,
I received my new generation piece about a month ago, and under no circumstance will I ever expose my hairline with it.. the grid pattern is the least of my worries. it's the edge of the plastic that is 100% detectable on my forehead. Looks like a line spanning across the base of my hairline. I would post pics but it would probably get removed.