Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pealing away from front
06-29-2012, 06:45 AM,
Pealing away from front
Hello again guys .. Sorry for all the questions .

Ive just started wearing two temple pieces but no matter what I do they seem to peal off from the front after as little as one day . I make sure there is no oil on my head , put 4 coats of ghost on in 20sec intervals then leave the last one for 7 minutes . I also dab bits of glue on the edges of the lace to and let that set .

Whilst on the subject of temple pieces how do you guys make your hair line , I've struggled with this alot lately
06-29-2012, 09:26 AM,
RE: Pealing away from front
only thing i can think of is maybe you could try straying the area with some 'liquid bandage', which is a (clear) layer between your skin and the lace.. and gives the lace something to stick to.
Just a thought.
06-29-2012, 09:32 AM,
Oh Yeah I've Seen this product ... Do you think it may aid the boding ?
06-29-2012, 09:53 AM,
You should leave each coat to go almost dry before applying the next, including the last coat before you press the lace down onto it... that`s the best way to apply glues [ unless there is a specific instruction on the Ghostbond bottle telling you to do it the way you`re apply it-- I`ve never used Ghostbond] .... if that doesn`t work, you may need to try a different glue, as sometimes, a particular glue may not work well with your particular body physiology
06-29-2012, 11:08 AM,
some people (like me) just don't get along with GhostBond.
I've never managed to get it to work for 24 hours.
06-29-2012, 11:46 AM,
I have two suggestions that you might try. From my experience with Ghostbond, always shake the bottle (hard!) for about a minute before you use it. Then when I'm finished I always turn the bottle upside down and place it in a paper towel roll that I've cut in half. (a toilet paper roll works too). I don't know how these two things make such a difference in the bond, but they do.

I also let each coat dry from 7-10 minutes before applying the next coat.

Sidney Smile
06-30-2012, 05:41 AM,
thomson_adam, id say its the timing,?
i use orwg, and i always leave for 15 mins,
try using one coat,
you may find that noting the time you finish applying adhesive and the wait time
and timing it, dont guess it,

*also vitally important prep! make sure both surfaces , hair system+ scalp are dry as a bone and squeeky clean,

*clean youre finger tipps with soap water or similar, you dont want natural oils from youre fingers hands mixing with tha applied adhesive,

*there is the possibility that youre unique body chemistry,amound of perspiration oil release ect will affect the bond ,its a case of trying diffrent adhesives,

but providing you cover the basics as outlined*

you should get a rock solid bond

anty Smile
06-30-2012, 09:17 AM,
Wow this is almost identical to my situation. I am using two small temple pieces at present and I'm reasonably happy with the outcome but I use walker non-shine tape and I've noticed that it seems to be easily peel-able by the a day or two. I make sure the head is dry and secure. I use 2 small partial pieces of about 2-3 inches in size.
It's not that the mini-wigs will come flying off in the wind as they are fairly secure but you can peel them off again after 2-3 days, I'm wondering if I have an oily/greasy head or I'm doing something wrong in my process.

All the best.
07-01-2012, 09:18 AM,
Ive just bought some new glue "ultra hold" and some " scalp protector " so I will see how that works. I will try let the glue dry longer between coats .

What i am struggling with is creating a natural hair line . Any ideas on that front ?