Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error-messages when posting reply
06-27-2012, 07:15 AM,
Error-messages when posting reply
Anyone else getting an error message when attempting to post a
reply? I `m getting one saying the post is too long and contains 88 characters and the limit is 85 ! .... I edited it slightly and tried a re-post with the same error message...must be a technical issue.
06-27-2012, 07:19 AM,
RE: Error-messages when posting reply
I'm not having any problem.
John
06-27-2012, 08:18 AM,
Seems to be ok now ..at least this one is posting normally..
Edit : I tried to post another reply just now and it was only 6 sentences -long and I`m unable to do so....getting an error message as follows : ``There was an error posting your reply. The subject is too long. Please enter a subject shorter than 85 characters [currently 88] ``
06-27-2012, 07:34 PM,
I just got the same message:

"There was an error posting your reply:

The subject is too long. Please enter a subject shorter than 85 characters (currently 88)"

It seems to only happen if I use the 'Quick Reply"
06-27-2012, 09:04 PM,
Perhaps certain post subjects are just on the verge of the limit, and when RE: is prefixed onto the subject name it prevents the post being registered due to a limitation of the subject field's length in the forum database.

Perhaps only allow a subject length of 80 on a forum post (ie, make the limit occur in the text field of subject when making a post) and when people reply it will not go over the database limit of 85.

Also John, just so you can verify the problem exists, try post a quick reply (ie, don't click edit but just use the text box down the bottom of the page to reply) to this thread: http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5272

I think clicking reply allows it due to some formatting that the reply page does with the subject. (As you can see in the thread I linked, it gets rid of some of the starting characters of the subject to make it fit inside the limit)