Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't get hairline to be invisible ?
06-26-2012, 12:34 PM,
Can't get hairline to be invisible ?
I can' get my hairline invisible, this is what I do for my attachement.

I use tape on sides/back and use Ultra Hold for front, I have my lace cut about 1/4 inch at front to the edge where the hair starts from.

When I put the glue in I apply glue a little forward from where the lace will start from, and then let it dry for five minutes.

The problem is when I put the lace on glue, and when I press it down the hair starts sticking to lace and if I pull the hairs at front and press down the hair starts to stick to my forehead, and makes the hairline look unreal.

I use a comb to press the lace down and this also attaches the hair right to the botton of lace and gives bad result !

Any Advise ?
06-26-2012, 11:09 PM,
RE: Can't get hairline to be invisible ?
Others will have their own suggestions but if it were me, I'd cut away any surplus lace and not glue past the hairline.
Everything else you're doing sounds exactly right.
06-27-2012, 09:33 AM,
I would follow Hersute's advice and only add that it is possible the glue is not fully dry. It's hard to give specific times for Ultra Hold (or any glue) to dry, as the thickness of the layer you apply will affect that time.

You're best off w/ more than one very thin layer of Ultra Hold. A good way to ensure the layer of UH is dry, is to lightly tap the spine of a comb into your glue layer. If ANY strings of glue are pulled up by the the comb, it is still too wet. Wait until nothing is lifted by the comb, then apply another VERY thin layer and repeat the test.

~FB
07-01-2012, 05:05 AM,
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7407/ilaceisland.jpg

Attached Files Image(s)

07-01-2012, 05:27 AM,
What the deuce....I've never seen so much excess lace on a wiglet! Is that what you're representing with the photo, there's no text? Regards
07-01-2012, 06:39 AM,
I think Reubin posted that pic here by mistake.
It goes with this thread:
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5288

And some pretty impressive results once its attached.