Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
full cap without replacing the back
06-25-2012, 07:47 AM,
full cap without replacing the back
Hi,
I wondered if anyone has tried this. I'm getting more and more blending issues with my side hair. But my back hair is still excellent. It would be a shame to shave that off and go for a full cap. So I wondered whether anyone has tried a kind of full cap that covers the sides but not the back. Any pictures of how that looks?
Thanks
Kind regards
Paco
06-25-2012, 08:50 PM,
RE: full cap without replacing the back
Paco, I really have to ask.... What would be the point in that?
I understand The hair on the back of your head is still good, but why go to the effort to keep it while the rest of your head is shaved? It's not like you would look anything decent enough to leave the house without your piece like that.
At least with shaving it all and getting a normal full cap of have the OPTION to go scalp-bald for a day or two.. Plus, it would be much easier to just shave the whole head and stick a wig on it, than shaving most of it, but being careful not to cut into your little patch of remaining hair.. Not to mention maintaining that hair, and having to worry about blending it with the piece hair...

I don't know.. Up to you..but I'm thinking a regular full cap shape would be much easier in all aspects.
06-26-2012, 03:29 AM,
RE: full cap without replacing the back
Paco - I can fully understand why you would want to keep the back hair. It would mean no problems with keeping the wig bonded at the nape, which is one of the more problematic areas for full cap wearers. Technically what you are asking is very doable but there are cons to this approach. How bad are your sides and how far back does the good hair begin? Can you upload a pic of someone with a similar balding pattern as you? You might be able to go with a topper with large than usual temple flaps but it's hard to say without seeing an idea of your thin areas.