Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visible bonding tape under hairline
06-22-2012, 08:23 AM,
Visible bonding tape under hairline
Hey people, after a long search period, i decided to join you and ordered my first hairpiece. Yesterday i made it applied to my head in a hair system company here. Result is outstanding. Hairline, color match, wave match, everything is just as i desire, except the visible tape under my hairline. I'm a naturally brunette guy with black hair so you can see a line of brighter color just under the middle of the hairline if you look at the hairline carefully. As a result of that, i'm always trying to hide my hairline by putting some hair over it. I just can't style it as a want.

Is it about the system itself or just about the adhesives etc ? Is there anybody that can help me to find the solution ? Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Ah i forgot to say, even my mother didn't realize i weared a system. I told her that i have gone and made my hair styled and she believed lol.
06-22-2012, 08:52 AM,
RE: Visible bonding tape under hairline
Glue for the hairline really can't be beat.
06-22-2012, 09:19 AM,
Hi isilra, glad you`re happy with it..it`s a big step for most people. Have you got any glue handy? If so, you can smear a little glue onto your tape before applying it to your system....just a tiny amount on a finger-tip..this will dull the ` shine` you are seeing...you might want to order Walker no-shine tape [ I use it all the time] as it`s great for non-visibility and gives a good strong hold too.
Your main issue from here on in will be fighting dryness...don`t shampoo frequently if you can avoid it and use a good leave-in conditioner daily or every two days..spritz the hair daily with water.... frequent shampooing lifts the colour and contributes to dryness...system hair gets no natural oils from the scalp,so you need to provide moisture/lubricant manually.
I`m always ranting-on about ``PPI Enhance`` leave-in conditioner [Google it] .....it`s all I use on an on-going basis, and occasionally a little Brylcreem [original]... when shampooing, use a system-friendly / specific shampoo and conditioner, and you should have few problems.
You might like to apply knot-sealer to your knots [ only barely dab it on..DON`T wet the lace with it] which can help prevent knots becoming untied and hair shedding early.
As amstat said, you might find glue easier to work with for the front,especially due to the curve/shape of the perimeter there.
06-22-2012, 01:44 PM,
thank you for your answers guys, really appreciate it. I will go for glue next time i attach my piece.
06-27-2012, 09:21 PM,
I've never been able to get tape to be invisible at the hairline. I think the best thing I've found to do is get the tape down a little behind the hairline (ie 1.5-2.5cm back), and go to the very edge of your hairline with the glue. This gives you the tape to support the hold aswell as good look of the glue near the edge.