Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairpiece under a costume wig?
06-21-2012, 02:32 PM,
Hairpiece under a costume wig?
I just bought a really bold and and colorful cheat synthetic wig to wear to the Lady Gaga concert this weekend.
It doesn't look natural.. that's the whole point.. it's for 'dress ups', but i'm not sure if i should wear my unit under it, or go with my bare horseshoe hair underneath?

obviously it would be much more comfortable and easier to wear if my head was bald underneath, but i'm thinking on the off chance that someone snatches it off or it comes off in the crowd, maybe i should have my topper attached underneath?

aside from being a little uncomfortable, is there any negative in doing this? would it damage the piece at all?

has anyone else faced this dilemma?
06-21-2012, 05:03 PM,
RE: Hairpiece under a costume wig?
its fine you shoukd wear because synthetic cheap wigs are soooo hot.its like wearing a furnace.youll have hat hair but its fine.id personally do another motif.i you wanna have fun just slick your hair down ala 1920's wear a dark smokey guyliner eye.maybe a dab of glitter or a crystal glued on the inner tear duct.orrrr look at ultra nates video for give it all you got.me and my friend chris did the makeup.i did all the guys and applied all the jewels .i used vinyl craft paper and craft store jewels for guys eye effect.i think its personally the coolest male makeup ever done.and yes im bragging it was frickin awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHaB-j756Jw
thats whats cool imo be creative dont just do the blonde wigs everyone does.be uniqueSmile
06-21-2012, 08:35 PM,
Its much the same as wearing a beanie hat over a piece.
It will flatten the hair, but no real damage.
But I can guarantee someone will snatch your Gaga wig off your head!

PS. @Imahologram.

Lovin your work!
06-22-2012, 03:24 PM,
thanks !

or you could do this, i made this from the old lace of a ruined full cap because i wanted it to last and keep in my archives.but a quickie job just glue rows of feathers directly onto a head. starting at crown going forward.its certainly different and if your going for fun be the star.why blend in.if i do something io do it so im the center of attention.go all out.

Attached Files Image(s)

06-22-2012, 06:05 PM,
In the words of Gaga "Don't be a drag, just be a Queen"!
06-22-2012, 07:36 PM,
i dont think you have to be a drag queen to pull off fun stuff.david beckham wears alot of unconvential things.i think any man thats comfortable can do a little expression in their look.i mean basicallly we all wear wigs and anything oher than nude is drag,your \born naked the rest is drag.lol. ive worn that headress to a masquerade ball when i went as a raven.had huge black feather wings and painted my body.trust me i looked anything but feminine.my only clothers were boots a black thong and wings.but the bidy poaint made it appear i was fully clothed.so you can definitely be masculine and do fanstasy,anyway enough with gaga,i personally loathe her.i am a devotte of kylie and madge.gaga is kinda trying to hard.i have yet to heat her in an interview and havea real personality.its just momotone i love my monsters.
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM,
Because of my age (probably), I'll always be Grace Jones fan.
More man than I'll ever be & more woman than I'll ever deserve.
I doubt I'll even make it to the age of 63, let alone be able to do this at that age!:
http://youtu.be/KCrUq7DveFs

La Gaga, to her credit, did create an anthem for hairwearers:
http://youtu.be/Z2AxFPN63Cs