Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of "comb-forward" styles? (photo)
06-23-2012, 05:39 PM,
RE: Lack of "comb-forward" styles? (photo)
I wish they had clippers that go longer than an inch.I like my hair fairly long (about 3 1/2" -4") so I can't use clippers for my cut ins.
06-23-2012, 06:53 PM,
You know you can use clippers to go 'with' the direction of the hair or 'against' it.
If you prefer your hair longer, you can use the longest guard on the clippers and run it through the hair downwards, towards the neck.
This blends in the piece quite well but keeps the length longer.
I regularly use a blades 4 & 5 and work it through my hair at the back & sides starting from the crown and moving it downwards.
06-24-2012, 02:47 AM,
I have adjustable guard clippers and set them to 33 for back and sides. They go up to 42mm which is about 1.5 inches and the shortest is 3mm I think so the range should suit most people who like their back and sides short to medium length. You're right, it is very low maintenance and really easy to keep the blend looking flawless all of the time.
06-24-2012, 04:38 AM,
Thanks for the good info Hairenough & Hersute....

For anyone who is interested in longer attachments for clippers i found these 1.25 and 1.5 inch wahl attachments on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Clipper-Attac...B000FL6HEC
06-25-2012, 07:39 AM,
Hairenough - perhaps you could try buying a blonde piece (so you have blonde knots) and then dye it to the color you want. Some people have tried this and said it gives flawlessly invisible knots.
06-25-2012, 10:33 AM,
Yes I do this for the front. I used to order all blonde and color it all myself but this makes the piece look much lighter density because you can't get right to the knots so the blonde part looks like skin. So I only get the front in blonde and now I am experiementing with getting a circle of blonde in the crown so there are no knots visible in the crown. And it works!
06-26-2012, 07:18 AM,
What about using a mascara brush to carefully apply to the base of the hair (ie. to get it as close to the lace as possible)? I imagine it's a little difficult because if you go too close to the lace with the hair dye you can dye the lace and then that's a bigger problem.
06-27-2012, 12:28 AM,
Yes a mascara brush to do the hairline is good, but I'm not having any hairline problems Smile