Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first toplace systems
06-21-2012, 01:28 AM,
My first toplace systems
So i got my firts costume made systems right on time, thanks to toplace for that.

I ordered 65% freestyle just as i did with my last supplier.
The toplace systems seems to be more dens then my last systems.
I would reccomend to newbs to go with a bit less if you dont want to be chocked, this was a lion mane before cut in and is still a bit to heavy for me and i'm in my twenties and still have good side and back hair.
I would never have pulled this off if this was my first systems, but now i got the hang of this and alwais show hairline so nobody suspects a thing.
I will use some hair removing creame before my next attachement.

The color match was a bit to dark so i had to color my own hair.
Also had to rebleach the knots.

Ventilation and hairline perfect (ordered graduated)

Next order i will do some changes, go down to 60% maybe 55% where the harline meets my own hair (temple points?) and in the back.

Some questions:

To match my haircolor on my next order should i send in another sample or can i just ask for a bit lighter color?

Does toplace supply european hair? And has anyone tried it? (i got alot of side and back hair but the hairs is a bit to thick for me, it works but it would be perfect with thinner hairs)

ps: When this piece has settled down a bit and got thinned out it will look great and i will post some pics!
06-21-2012, 05:16 AM,
RE: My first toplace systems
Toplace densities are heavier than some other suppliers .... there`s no real ` standard` figure/benchmark ..it varies from one supplier to another and also, some of the individual ventilators seem to get a bit over-enthusiastic I reckon.
TL ballpark densities are: Light-50/5% Medium-60/5% Medium to Heavy 70/5%
and Heavy- 80/90%. As a comparison, a TL density of 65% can equal 85% from other suppliers. The colour always looks a bit darker at first....it will ` lift` after a few shampooing`s and sun-exposure...... I always give my new systems 2 light shampooing`s...you`d be surprised how much ` excess` colour comes out....last system, the water went a really dark shade !
If you took your hair sample from the back/crown area, that hair is always darker than at the front/sides so it`s worth bearing that in mind....take bits of hair from a few areas.
Proceed cautiously with the thinning ...I used a cotton bud [Q-tip]...don`t put huge dabs of it on in one area [obviously] and also be aware, that not all the hair will shed out in one day..some hairs are weakened by it but don`t always shed out immediately.....you`ll see more hair shedding out over the next day or two when you brush the system.
I thinned mine over about a week with repeated applications.
Be good to see your pics when you post them..cheers.
06-21-2012, 07:51 AM,
thinning shears are your friend
06-21-2012, 08:23 AM,
Thinning shears only shorten the hairs...they don`t remove the knot, so you end up with shorter, stubble, near the lace,which can also be detectable to touch.......on a system which needs ` strong` thinning, removal-cream will give best results.
06-21-2012, 08:24 AM,
Hi Jackal,
Glad to hear that you like the system. If the hair is too dark it's usually because the customer sent in a hair sample from the back of his head where the hair is the darkest. Hair starts out ligthter in the front and gradually gets darker at the nape of the neck. If possible please send in a hair sample from the top of your head where the color is the lightest. For a lot of wearers this is not possible. But if you can send that sample we'll match it.
We do not offer European hair. Frankly the difference in a men's unit between European and Indian Remi is undetectable. Even in women's units where the length is 16" long the difference is barely noticeable. I know there are suppliers that will sell European hair but how would you know if it's really European hair? They could charge for it but give you the same Indian hair---you'd never know the difference. If you have thinner diameter hair please let me know when you order and I can specify to the factory that you want thinner diameter hair---no problem.
J
06-21-2012, 08:53 AM,
i use them to take the bulk out of crown.use longer sides that almost lay over and blend into real and fade out till and you see all u see is real at ear.i dont have a visual seam its like a blend.where it lays over my own i thin it to make it seamless not bulky like hair laying on top of hair,i use razor cutting and thinnig shears to break up bulk,if hair looks chunky at brown or front a whack of thinning shears helps in my opinion.you might get a few strays that are short i just pluck or trim.its kinda like real hair everyone has strays or little flyaways.anyway thats my trick for bulk.i dont usally expect more than 3 to 4 months max.i sacrifice longevity for a customization.im always trimming and tweaking.me and downtime equal project with old hair.you should see some of the things i make--i do eyebrows ,goatees, sideburns,i know weird but i have fun changing up my look.
06-21-2012, 09:40 AM,
Big thanks for your answers!

I was told that the dens would be the same as my last supplier... But thanks Paul, that explains it!

Thinner diameter hair sounds very interesting, never read or heard about.
Anyone has any experience in this?
I thougt that was europian hair, thinner hairs...
Will defenetly specify that next time!

Is there a list anywere of what cool specs you can put in to a costume system? Smile
06-21-2012, 10:06 AM,
you know one you wear it awhile youll get used to it.its just your used to seeing yourself one way.nobody notices that.
06-21-2012, 10:53 AM,
Yeah i know, i would problibly get away with a 75% dens but i dont feel confidennt in that or look as good as with a less dens system with thinner hairs.

A hair with a thinner diameter for a scandinavian guy like my self would be awesome, if i had like more of lets say italian hair i would not change a thing...
06-21-2012, 11:15 AM,
I actually have the opposite problem.My hair is slightly thicker in diameter than the system hair.I'm part italian and although my hair shaft isn't as thick as say asian hair it's still thicker than the system's indian hair.I wish there was an option for those with thicker hair shaft,yet don't wanna go with chinese hair