Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEN Cleansing conditioner
06-19-2012, 05:14 AM,
WEN Cleansing conditioner
As a fairly new member of this site I wanted to review a product that I’ve tried and feel that others may interested in. My partner and I have seen the WEN by Chaz Dean products advertised on QVC for ages and finally decided to order some and try it on his hair (he doesn’t wear btw). I was skeptical of how it would work and I have to say I was very impressed how soft it made his hair.

Since I’m wearing an old system I decided to try it since I don’t really have anything to lose. It doesn’t lather like a regular shampoo so it was definitely a learning curve but it has totally revived this system from Apollo that was becoming brittle. I’ve also noticed that the hair is much softer and the color is much more vibrant.

I’ve been washing my growing hair with it every day and the system hair once or twice a week for over a month now and haven’t had any issues. The system hair is much easier to comb in the morning and especially when getting out of the shower.

It is rather expensive at $40 for two bottles, but both of us have been using it for over a month and we haven’t used the first bottle yet. The instructions tell you how many pumps to use, but we just ignore that. I usually use maybe one or one and a half pumps but never any more. I think the majority of the people that use this are women with VERY long hair so the number of pumps is probably right for their length.

This is the description of WEN from QVC:
“…was developed as a healthy alternative to the way people are used to cleansing their hair; eliminating the use of shampoo and its harsh detergents and chemicals. WEN Cleansing Conditioners replace shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, detangler and leave-in conditioner, giving you five products in one bottle.”

So if anyone out there wants to give this a try I highly recommend it. QVC has a 30 day money back guarantee so you really don’t have anything to lose. Hopefully this will help someone out. I’ve attached the ingredients list below, too.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx?view=...lk=&cmtags=

Sid

Attached Files Image(s)

06-19-2012, 07:02 AM,
RE: WEN Cleansing conditioner
Thanks. I was wondering about this product.

Can you compare to Everpure?
06-19-2012, 08:43 AM,
i almostttt posted about this but i felt i was being a know it all.when i read men were not washing their hair for days i was gonna explain how people have used conditioner only or crene rinse washes to preserve color for years,wen is amazing.i know redhead went from coloring her hair every 4 weeks to 6 months,u can start by just using conditioner and brush through hair in shower to get product out.hair has got to be free and moveable to look real, if someone is spraying their hair into a very fixed style,real hair or fake it looks wiggy or at worst dated,.a conditioner rinse daily to remove product is a must and wont hurt hair.i personally use wen on my unit and a regular detergent shampoo on real hair to get any glue out.when rebonded i then use a little dap of a hair mask as a creme styling product and spray with alchol free hair spray then wash the unit in wen nightly then apply joico kpak,u must use reconstructor.kpak will revive the deadest of hair,hair is dead from the root on alll people,it dies as it emerges the scalp.only difference in ours is no scalp oil.its just like dry scalp.theres no need to wash hair every three days sleep in a sprayed style and just redo,hairs gotta move and be free.i highlyyyyyy recommend wen its amazing.if you get glue on your unit youll need a deep cleanser.i have to remove and rebond daily because it work out 6 days a week and go out clubbing 3 nights a week probably.i dont see how soaking your hair in alcohol is good,c22 is a must for clean up.people wont wash but will use pur alcohol to clean up?odd.also try using cold water rinse only because heat opens cuticle,if i can have healthy hair with as much redoing as i do anyone can,im about to cut my unit short because their was a fire in the townhome next to me and the smoke will not come out of my hair pieces,i had several units but the only one i can wear is my emergency one i had in my car,im waiting for my custom from toplace,wen makes it look good but its older and with my length i wanna cut it short to freshen it,i mighttt post pics tonight after i go out,
06-19-2012, 11:11 AM,
Snipe,

I tried everpure once and the smell was way too strong for me. They may have improved it since then because it's been about a year since I tried it though.

However, from that one experience I think WEN is better because it seems to leave the hair cleaner and easy to manage.

Hope this helps!

Sid
06-19-2012, 12:34 PM,
Thanks I'll try it.
06-19-2012, 02:58 PM,
Sidney,
Thanks for that review. I've wondered about that product also. I am a little skeptical of high buck products that run info-mercials as I feel the majority of the cost of the product goes into the advertising. No doubt a good chunk of the price goes to pay for the info-mercials but if a product does the job then I don't mind paying the premium price. I'll give it a try.
Thanks,
John
06-19-2012, 08:11 PM,
WEN seems to have quite a high 'oil' content.
I'm surprised this doesn't hamper the bond, if used between attachments?
06-20-2012, 11:15 AM,
Hersute-
I haven't experienced any issues with WEN decreasing my bond strength. I usually de/re-bond every two weeks in the summer though. I'm also not putting huge amounts in the hair either though. Smile