Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
walker tape (contours)
08-12-2009, 03:47 PM,
walker tape (contours)
ran out of st-30 about a month ago. decided to try the walker tape. went 3 weeks with no lift. just before removing, pulled on it real hard; was still holding strong. washed hair twice during the 3 weeks. came off in a matter of seconds with 91% alcohol. would take me up to 1/2 hour to lift off using st-30 or ultra hold (nightmare). tape always stays on unit, not my scalp when removing (same with st-30). I apply the tape to the unit, not my scalp when applying. a little more 91% and it pulls right off base completely intact (same as st-30 only comes off easier). NO residue on scalp or unit(same as st-30). and using 4 contour strips to cover the perimeter, it only took 5-10 min. to get it ready for reattachment. cutting and getting the backing off the st-30 and getting unit ready takes me a good 1/2 hour or more. not reallly seeing any downside to walker. will get st-30 when available again, but may never use it. thanks for recommending the walker tape BA.
also, if anyone is interested, i found an easy way to get the backing off the st-30. instead of bending back the backing and/or trying to pick at the backing to get a piece of it to lift off tape so it can be peeled, pick at the tape(not the backing) with a pair of tweezers. just a tiny section at the top corner the tweezers easily grab the tape and pull it away from the backing. THEN bend the corner of the backing back. lay the tape down, grab the lifted corner and peel. of course not an issue with walker contours. the backing just peels right off.
08-12-2009, 08:37 PM,
Re: walker tape (contours)
The only issues I have with Walkers are that it shines a little at first, but nothing too drastic and nowhere near as much as some other tapes, and after a few days it starts to melt a bit, but again nothing like as bad as Blue Liner does. Otherwise it's great and is now available in many different contours.
08-13-2009, 02:43 AM,
Re: walker tape (contours)
i was a little leary about leaving it on for 3 weeks because of what most were saying about it becoming gooey if left on for more than a few days. i guess i'm lucky. no mess left at all after 3 wks. could have gone longer. didn't have to do a mirror slide. didn't even have to clean it. not even any residue on base. any cleaning of the base was just from the normal shampooing/rinsing of unit. plus i was able to contour the contours as i was applying around the perimeter and didn't even need to do any cutting of the strips. i think it would have been easier using 2 c contours and 2 cc contours. hoping cc will become available for sale on Debbie's web site.