Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Can a topper hairline look unquestionably good?
Yes
Maybe, but with hard work
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doubts on the natrural look of pieces
06-21-2012, 02:23 AM,
RE: Doubts on the natrural look of pieces
Super tape applied first to unit then attach to the melon.

Winter attach monday morning remove Sunday morning.
Summer shorten it by two days.
Wash about every day.

I have pics of my unit taped up before attachment.
07-12-2012, 10:16 PM,
Val,

What do you think about these two latest examples from wearer's?
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5285
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5288
07-19-2012, 07:34 PM,
"although I personally have never seen a really natural looking fullcap"

LOL i wear a FC and i can tell u its bloody amazing.

Better than toppers imho if done right

cowboy
07-19-2012, 10:55 PM,
Cowboy that's great that you feel it's bloody amazing. Unless you are doing something special I can't imagine how you get your nape and temple points to look completely natural with a full cap, unless you have a long hairstyle. Something long could be pretty awesome looking if it covers both of those problem areas up. I've just never seen a natural looking fullcap before because of those, but I'm sure it's possible. What is the secret to getting it 'done right'?
07-21-2012, 08:12 AM,
I myself have been wearing for about 8 years. I wear Swiss lace. I am amazed at the undetectabilty of the front hair line. Mine are good when I first get them and for about a year, swapping two back and forth, two weeks wearing time for each. I use Super Tape around the perimeter and 3 different glues up front, a White glue, Mity Tite and Walker's Ultra. The perimeter holds the whole 2 weeks and I think would go longer. The front about a week or so in I have lifting and have to apply some more glue I pin back with a hair clip and clean the noggin there and put some Walker down and good until I take off, clean and reattach.
I have a FC coming. I find myself apprehensive like I was before the topper. I have JRob's DVD and probably have watched it 10 times prior to making the template and placing the order. I hope I have the same luck as Cowboy but will see. Cowboy would love to see pics of yours.

macmike
07-22-2012, 11:20 PM,
Guys im getting some new FC's arriving on thursday/friday and i will cut it in asap and post some pictures.

FC are so much more easier to make look good in terms of density equalness, color, style.

Cowboy
07-22-2012, 11:54 PM,
Look forward to seeing.
07-23-2012, 10:26 AM,
Macmike - That sounds like an interesting glue combo for the front. If I may ask, what do you use to remove the glue from the hairline lace when you are cleaning up and how do you go about it? I have no problem getting water based glues off the lace by soaking it in a product but I recently tried Davlyn Black and cleaning up was a nightmare. It is a VERY good glue though and blows away ORWG for hold time and non-breakdown but cleanup could make Chuck Norris cry.
07-23-2012, 01:55 PM,
I also use a combination of Davlyn Black and ORWG for the hairline.Cleanup is a bit of a hassle,but I love the hold I get from this combo considering its really hot and humid out and I have an extremely oily scalp.

It takes a ton of Pure adhesive remover,99% alcohol,an old credit card,Dawn dish soap,a fine tooth comb,Neutrogena T-sal shampoo and about an hour of scrubbing/shamppoing to get my head and the lace completely clean...Tiresome? yes.Worth it? I think so.
07-24-2012, 06:06 AM,
NYC - Wow, that is a lot of work. If you are using pure on the lace I recommend switching to Autyglym Intensive Tar Remover. I threw my Pure out as it was pretty useless for me. Are you using ORWG on its own on the hairline and the Davlyn everywhere else or is it the other way around with the davlyn on the hairline? I'm going to be trying a combo of davlyn first on the hairline, then ORWG over the top, to see if I still get the Davlyn hold but with the nice ORWG lace cleaning experience.