Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Can a topper hairline look unquestionably good?
Yes
Maybe, but with hard work
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doubts on the natrural look of pieces
06-20-2012, 06:28 AM,
RE: Doubts on the natrural look of pieces
Val,
I simply don't get it/you.

You did research that led you to buy a piece. But at the cut-in, the 'top person in the country' told you not to go ahead and that forums were misleading.

So you don't go ahead, but you turn to the very same forums you were warned against?

If you believed this guy's opinion on wearing detectability, enough to put you off wearing, surely you also believe his opinion on us, the notorious fibbers of the forums?

You seem to not know your own mind or trust your own opinion and yet at the same time state quite emphatically that you'll have boundless confidence if a piece looks good on you.
What if you think it looks great, but one person says it doesn't?

Your history illustrates that you'll have to start all over again.

In my own snide & facetious way, I am actually trying to help you.
You need to trust your own judgement, not other people's.
06-20-2012, 09:13 AM,
Simply put; anyone who wears a piece around that you can "lift off" and prove its a piece, is not someone you should look to as an example of proper wearing. Seriously.
06-20-2012, 12:01 PM,
wow these posts are crazy, one week its oh they are undetectable then the next week its no they arent. i just put in my first order, this thread makes me feel good... lol. seriously idk all the pics ive seen on here i cant tell people are wearing, ive seen a few bad pieces since i started thinking of wearing but man they are nothing like ive seen on here. i was just shocked to find out last week that 2 people in my family wear when i told my mother what i was doing, one is a female and one is a male. i would of never known and they look awesome. i talked to my cousin (the female) the other day and asked her a bunch of questions and felt way better hearing it from someone i had no idea was wearing. im certainly not going to let these posts keep me down and not go for it but man some of you guys on here are real discouraging.
06-20-2012, 01:04 PM,
@Justin sane (love your name BTW!)

Don't know what your reading, but I can't find any one being negative in this thread that would put you off or dishearten you.
Who is saying they are detectable?
Thats not what I'm reading at all.
06-20-2012, 03:05 PM,
no hairstylist whos the best would ever say he couldnt do something,hair and makeup never admit we cant do something.he either didnt wanna mess with or hes the best in the county,alot of people try to be high and mighty when they have never stepped on a studio lot or set in their lives,trust me ive seen pieces on high def with no editing or retouching and they still look good.high def is reality on steroids,no human eye can see as close as a high def camera.you have to zoooommmm in to even start seeing lace.and thats on exposed hairline forget about it with a hidden hairline especially toppers,full cap temples and sideburns are tricky because if hair thins lace can start showing but omg there are so many variations,i once cut a strip out laid it on a guys shaved scalp and it was completely undetectable mohawk,there are somany shade variations in hair i can order a 3 a 4 or 5 or anyting close and make it work.i dont get where it has to be dead on.just leaves the sides of topper longer so it almost covers your own hair and you cant see your own util the bottom.even other wears might look for a seam so i usually leave mine longer so its a flap and my hairs underneath and it just blends and fades until my only my real hair shows

remember wears are looking for it,everyone elses assumes its real
06-20-2012, 07:28 PM,
@Hersute Wow, you mad bro? Im just saying if the best cut in stylist IN THE COUNTRY had a topper that looked questionable and said "I should forget about making a piece look natural, nearly undetectable or at least unquestionable". I wouldnt really be to confident in wearing being a noob getting advice in a forum. Im sorry if that upsets you buddy. I know you're a senior and I'm junior but cut me some slack. Cheers.
06-20-2012, 07:50 PM,
I have travelled all over the world and I can honestly tell you that people have not spotted me wearing for the past 24 years. The first 7 years of wearing many did however as the units were terrible and not made from real human hair, but at the time they were not freely available. In the early days the units were expensive and money was scarce so I also ended up wearing them way too long!

I have been wearing since I was 21 and I do look young for my age, mainly because of my hair. I have also never smoked and have taken care of my body and health and did stay out of too much sun. Although my wife of 13 years is 16 years younger than me, people can't tell the age difference, maybe later on in life it will show but we will deal with it at the time.

I am a perfectionist and that did not help much in my early days of wearing as I was never really satisfied with my look, but as the units improved it got better. I know it's now even going to go one step up with the TL units.

Like I said previously, some people can wear a unit and do it properly and some can't. You will have to find out which one you are.

Best of luck and let us know.
06-20-2012, 11:13 PM,
Hey Justin,
You read me wrong.
I was curious, thats all. I began to doubt my own interpretation of what I was reading, after what you said.
Yes, I agree the original post was negative, but all posts there after (from actual wearers) refuted (and ridiculed) the statement made in the original post. No-one but Val believes this stylist could EVER be considered THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY!
So I just saw the thread as someone with doubts asking a question, but all the answers being positive.
When you said you found the replies to be negative and off putting, I couldn't see it myself and, as I said, I doubted if I was reading the replies correctly.
I thought maybe I'd missed something.

I was interested in your perspective.
I like to read all opinions and I like the fact that people express their opinions, whatever they are.
I might not always agree with them and often I'll say so.
But my opinion is no better than anyone else's. Its just mine.

I'm REALLY sorry if you felt I was jumping down your throat.
Genuinely, that was NEVER my intention.
06-21-2012, 01:49 AM,
Did you see my pics?

I've been wearing a long time, full HL exposure and I'm in meetings and bright lights all the time.

I date a lot of girls. I have an eight-year-old nephew and 11-year-old niece that are always talking pulling with my hair sit on my lap and stuff and always getting up in my face.

Full tape and never been busted. I get comps on my hair all the time.

Five minutes off with cleanup. 15 minutes to tape 15 minutes to attach.
06-21-2012, 01:57 AM,
Snipe,

Great to hear that! Why 15 minutes to attach after applying the tape? What tape are you using and how long do you wear the unit at a time?