Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reality:how long they last.
06-18-2012, 05:59 PM,
Reality:how long they last.
Thought I'd keep everyone up to date.

Totally owning it now, but the edges are definately fraying.

Glossy magazine glue-rub clean up totally works. 99% definately needed.

Also discovered the need to let the head breathe for at least 1 whole day when possible. Itchy head hair grow back makes me wonder why anyone would wear longer than a week or two evn if possible. Hairline is the bugger.
3-4 coats of glue is definitely the sensible option. 1-2 just doesn't cut it.

Ripped tape off the back of my head which festered for two wearing sessions. Had a 'flap' to let it breathe, but it was un-noticable and healed with a bit of tlc.

I originally ordered sfs and a thin skin because I didn't know what to do. My wonderful barber wears sfs too, so I plumped for that one.

Was about to order another today but finally decided to sit the ultra-thin-skin on my noggin. Holy sh*t. It looks amazing with me just trimming off the excess.

Will take pics this week when cut in.

Will probably be ordering soon just in case. Don't know how long skin lasts, but I'd say I got a 4-5 months out of the sfs.

Cheers guys.

P.S Dear Toplace, if you like my honest views, reviews, pics and opinions, feel free to give me a discount Wink lol
06-19-2012, 03:05 AM,
RE: Reality:how long they last.
You might want to consider using a scalp protector, applied before gluing.
Also, using a medicated shampoo on your scalp like Neutrogena once a week, really helps stop itching.