Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
curious about your bonding
07-09-2012, 11:15 PM,
RE: curious about your bonding
Hersute,
Have you tried using scalp protector before the ORWG? If not, try a couple of light layers of SP, let dry, then apply the ORWG. It might help keep the oil from seeping into the glue so fast.
07-10-2012, 03:49 AM,
Thanks. I've used scalp protector in the past, but not to much advantage.
It forms a seal and the oil bubbles up underneath it and eventually erupts taking the lace & glue with it!

I've had prospectors ask me for drilling rights to the amount of oil I seem to be able to produce!

But I did read that Walkers have brought out a stronger scalp protector, so your recommendation has reminded me to order some and give that a try.
Cheers for that.
07-11-2012, 01:46 AM,
Yea oily scalp is a problem that curses me too. This time of year is the worst. I am trying Davlyn Black again to see it it's any better than ORWG in summer. I am only getting 2 days now before the hairline goes gooey.
07-11-2012, 07:11 PM,
I have very oily skin, and have tried just about every type of glue, tape, and glue/tape combo as well, searching for the best bond with the least amount of cleanup.

I'm currently using a layer of scalp protector, then taping my piece with regular Supertape, followed by one layer of Davlyn Green over the Supertape before bonding. I place the piece lightly into place before the glue dries which give me a little wiggle room to get the hairline just right. When I'm satisfied with everything, I then apply pressure over the entire perimeter to finish up.

This combo gives me a great bond that lasts at least a week as long as I don't sweat before the glue dries. Cleanup with alcohol takes just a few minutes, and is a breeze, since the Supertape leaves very little residue on the lace.

Davlyn Green is supposed to be specifically formulated for oily skin, and I've found that it seems to help form a barrier that helps keep the oil from seeping into the tape. I never get any goo anymore.

I highly recommend this combination.
07-12-2012, 07:14 AM,
rscout,so do you use tape at the hairline too or just around the sides and back?
07-12-2012, 08:23 AM,
NYCguy2020,
I have an all french lace piece and use the Supertape/Davlyn Green combo all the way around the perimeter. If you a have a lace piece with poly at the sides & back, or all around the perimeter, I would probably recommend putting a layer of redliner on the poly, followed by the Supertape over it.

Supertape has a very strong bond like blue lace tape (but without the goo), and can be hard to remove from poly.
By the way, you can use the Davlyn Green over any tape, to achieve a longer lasting bond.