Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
curious about your bonding
06-17-2012, 08:12 PM,
curious about your bonding
ive been wearing for years,since i was 28 im 35.i see people talking about using just tape.so i guess im assuming tape alone will hold your hair on?ive always had to do fully poly perimeter red liner tape(but ive tried them all it seems) to the poly then ultra hold on scalp and bond and that last maybeeeee 2 days max.i lift in front by end of day one,if i go out clubbing it has to be redone before i go,i mean im oily skin and workout 6 days a week and live in the south when not on the road for work, but i mean tape for me is an i need to run an errand pop some of those extenda bonds tabs front and back and sides and throw a hat on so if im somehow pulled over and arrested i have hair on kinda thats it.its not a secure hold.am i doing something wrong or am i just an ocd perfectionist,i mean im a pro at this.i use rubber gloves to apply so i have a oil free bond.i have it down.im a makeup artist and the fact i wear is not a big deal in my world,i change from long to short to whatever at will,its like a fashion accessory.during fashion week i change hair twice a day.i find if you call it extensions or weave its kinda cool.its not the fact i want it perfect so no one knows but i just want it to stay on.i dont mind them knowing its fake ill call myself out especially with a prospective friend for the evening and call it extensions and its always just ohh cool.better that than have to be self conscious all nite a stray hand will feel the seam. i just dont want to be seen in transition because once your seen with that bozo horseshoe head you go from hot and sexy and wearing cool extensions thats a mystery as to exactly how it works and whats yours and isnt immediately to an old bald man with a toupee. that bushy back and sides with bald top is just the worst,i hate to see myself in that state.but i digresss,i usually wear it all tossled long bangs to eyebrows all forward ,very messy and imperfect kinda surfer hair,lotta movement so maybe thats whats lifting it?i mean as hard as i work out theres no way in my experience tape alone wouldnt leave me doing a backflip(i do gymnastics alot) and land bald.ohh then i saw some people use a friggin styling gel or something to hold,how in sweet baby jesus name can a styling gel hold on a piece of hair secure enough you dont walk around all day clenched stomach in knots ur bout to age 30 years if you cough too hard.do you all with just tape have solid i can grab your hair and pull and its locked down bonds or is it just on.i mean you never know how the day will end and with who and if your cant stand a lil pull whats the pont of looking good.i wanna know how to acheive it because ill admit i invest alotttt of time on my appearance and truly it isnt hard now,i can remove clean and rebond in 20 minutes but thats everyday.its just routine like any imperfection at first its difficult to navigate but after a while its just your life but if i could get a whole day with tape securely it would be alot easier than removing and retaping and gluing.i can tape my hair in 3 minutes.i just hold the roll to my head and i start rolling all in one long piece i circle around,if a tape alone would work it seriously would change my life.i could remove my hair clean and retape during a commerical break.im super fast at taping.its when glue comes in that takes time.
06-17-2012, 09:36 PM,
RE: curious about your bonding
I'm exhausted after reading that giant post!
I don't even have an answer for you (still very new at this), but I'd be curious to see the responses. If your bangs cover your hairline tho, I can't see why a full tape bond would be a problem?
06-17-2012, 10:12 PM,
I`m a bit confused [sorry] --- am not fully understanding your bonding method etc. You say you are using Redliner tape on the Poly part [is the front just lace?] and you are applying Ultrahold glue to the scalp and pressing the taped part down onto glue ? When you say the system slides off / comes loose, do you mean the system comes free leaving the tape [fully] on the head/scalp? Redliner tape is only for short-term ` light` hold .... I have rolls of it which I use sometimes.. .I don`t even need to use lace-release to free the system from it... I can literally just peel the system off no problem. I have never heard of guys taping part or all of a perimeter and then pressing it down onto/into glue...not saying some don`t but I`m not aware that it`s commonly-done..... usually people either use all -tape with tape contours for the front bit, or taped sides/back and glue at the front or all-glue...... can`t say I ever heard of someone taping the perimeter and then putting it down onto glue [maybe I`m misunderstanding you though] Have you tried ` proflex tapes` ? Apparently gives exceptionally strong holds..... https://www.google.ie/search?aq=f&sugexp...flex+tapes
You say you tried `` them all it seems`` ..... well I can`t see how the strong tapes wouldn`t hold for you as they do for anyone else....... bear in mind though, that going to gyms with the usual physical exertion/sweating/heat will impact on even the best bonding materials. You refer to ` Got2b` glued spiking glue I guess .... it actually gives an extremely good hold, but will not withstand exposure to water or profuse sweating....can tend to ` lift` / lose it`s grip at the very edge, so a bit of tape/glue at the very front ` deals` with that issue.....it releases very easily in the shower and simply rinses off under running water--no need to shampoo it out usually....... it has it`s place/uses ..it`s quick/easy to apply and will give a good hold for a day or two...cheap to buy too.
Maybe you can correct me /clarify exactly what you are using and how you apply it, as I`m a little confused on your method. Regards.
06-18-2012, 09:15 AM,
sorry i do ramble.i know,im like stream of consciousness random thoughts<im ocd ,im trying.lol.i started with all lace and blue lace tape.seriously by the time i left salon it was lifting.i do believe my body chemsitry dissolves it.like for example most people get facial filler twice a year my face dissolves it in two months,botox last 3 to 4 on most last two months on me,my body quickly metabolizes things.it takes a bank mortage to get me drunk and even then i am sober in a few hrs,ive never had to sleep it off im sober by time i hit the bed,i probably have over active thyroid but since it keeps me lean i dont bother with getting it checked,lol.anyway sorry let me focus,i tried glue to scalp lace lifted in a day as well.so we went to poly perimeter and glue that worked alot better,i cant do any lace i have to have full poly but even that lifted after sweating ,like the full front was popping up on second day sides would stay but once front lifted no patch work can keep the ripple effect of it creeping back and sides lifting.the reason i use red liner taped to poly and bond the tape to the glue basically is its easier to clean since nothing was working.a strong tape and glue was a strong hold but after working out front popped after a day 2 anyway and then clean was hell.so with red liner i just pull the tape off from the hair easily and its basically clean.it saves me from having to clean glue directly from hair since all the glue is on scalp or tape.i just lift hair remove the tape wash and dry apply kpak reconstructor flip over and retape base get in shower c22 and comb out glue and clean my hair.get out do my skincare prep and reglue my scalp and apply.the redliner is just to make clean up easy because everything i tried still had lifted after a long night out or working out so i just gave in a made it my routine.i dont feel comfortable with a patch job light hold i like it bonded like steel.i was wondering if anyone was able to get that with tape alone.those extenda tabs are proflex i just couldnt think of the name,lol.thanks for your time.sorry for my rambling im ocd and dyslexic so yeah im a horrible typist and i cant keep on track for shit.
06-18-2012, 08:00 PM,
All I can suggest then, is to try out a different glue such as Oil Resistant White Glue as many wearers find it most effective for situations such as yours---maybe try 3 coats rather than the normal/usual 2,---just try that glue on it`s own to see how you get on...then if you still want to use a tape in conjunction with the glue, use a stronger tape than redliner ....that will cancel out the risk of someone pulling at your hair, as you described, and the system coming free....then at de-bond/clean-up time,if you use lace-release at the very front ---at the edge of the poly, you`ll get a start-point where the grip of the tape/glue will release..gently/ gradually peel back the system, while using darts of lace-release to free the poly from the tape/glue....it will take a little more time than your present method, but not a lot more, and there should be little if any residues on the poly if you allow the lace release a little time to work..... poly is much easier to clean off anyway, it being a ` smooth` strong material. That`s all I can suggest.....would be interested to hear back if/when you try change your glue etc. If you are ordering ORWG, [you can Google it for suppliers] try to source it
` locally` within your own country as it doesn`t travel well in air freight containers..the cold impacts it negatively, so surface-mail delivery is preferable.
06-19-2012, 03:58 AM,
Hi Hologram,

Your writing structure makes for exhaustive reading and I'm not going to read all of it, sorry. Please use proper sentence and paragraph structure (if you can) in your posts and you'll get more replies and help.
06-19-2012, 08:47 AM,
sorry im dyslexic,i have hard time sometimes putting things down on paper,i try.cant help what you cant help
06-19-2012, 11:20 PM,
You could always write it as a Word document using spellcheck.
To be honest, its not the spelling that makes it unreadable.

Its the HUGE block of words that that puts me off.
I'm sorry to say the same often applies to Paul's posts, which often contain REALLY useful info,
but look daunting to decipher.

Just breaking it up in to smaller chunks makes it more palatable.

@Hairenough
On the subject of hairline bonding, my ORWG is letting me down these days and I don't seem to be able to go more than a few days without it lifting.
Its not even warm here!?!
Today I did a whole new attachment & for the 1st time ever, I did 4 layers of ORWG along the front, instead of my usual 2.
You've said before your hairline seems to go first, so I'll let you know how I get on this week.
06-20-2012, 03:01 AM,
Hologram, I understand about the dyslexia. It's not the spelling, that's no problem. But some paragraphing and capital letters would make a world of difference. It shouldn't be too hard to hit the enter key every few sentences. We want to help so if you make it easier for us to read we won't be so tired when we come to the end of your posts and then we can offer our advice Smile

Hersute - Yes I'm in the same boat with the ORWG but you should try living in Canada up in the mid 30s and heavy humidity! It will get worse come July and August! I'm going with a nice comb to the side style for a while. It's not that the ORWG lifts much (although last week it did lift after just 5 days), it's more that it gets gooey after a few days and the hairline looks bad. I am only using 2 layers.

I'm going to be using vapon no tape on the next attachment at the very front, to see how that does. It's silicon based, so technically it should hold up better to humidity, heat and sweat a bit better. I will let you know. Maybe No Sweat would help. Have you tried that? The quest for the perfect glue continues!
06-20-2012, 06:39 AM,
I have tried No Sweat.
I can't honestly say I've noticed a difference. Its hard to say.
I bought it, so I use it anyway!

The front going gooey is what I mean. Its seems to be happening more frequently.
The sides & back are fine.
Every couple of days I have to lift the front half an inch, wipe off the goo with the microfibre cloth and re-do the gluing.

I'm a bit concerned that the 4 layer ORWG trial will just mean twice as much glue & seepage after 2-3 days.
But I thought I'd give it a try.
I'll keep you posted.