Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glue removal UK
06-16-2012, 09:24 PM,
Glue removal UK
Hello Gents
I am looking to get some clue removal in the UK but really don't have a clue where to start or what to look for .

I have currently been using lace release in a comb and trying to brush out the residue but it only works to some extent . When I remove the lace I cant get it fully clean either so any help would be great
06-16-2012, 11:12 PM,
RE: Glue removal UK
Lace-release is not for removing/dissolving glue/tape residues...it simply breaks [` Releases` ] the bond between lace and the underlying bonding materials. If you allow it 2 or 3 minutes to
` work` , there should be little if any residue on the lace...most should/will be on the scalp.
You can use something like Walker glue remover [4 oz bottle] which is alcohol-based [available on the 2nd link below], to attack residues on the lace and scalp..... some adhesives can be stubborn and a citrus-based Solvent will come in handy ..confine it to use on the scalp only [if possible] as it can discolour lace with prolonged use and also needs to be washed out of lace properly, or it will interfere with your new bond..... it`s ok to use it, but the alcohol-based ones are preferable as they simply evaporate off and will not discolour lace with repeated applications.
Scroll down this page for related products: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walkers-Solvent-..._beauty_12
http://www.bargainlacewigs.co.uk/index.p...at&catId=5
06-17-2012, 04:17 AM,
Thanks for the advice ... I'm having a nightmare with glue stuck in the hair
06-17-2012, 06:38 AM,
I trot this recommendation out on a regular basis these days.
If you really want to get the lace clean & remove all the glue from the hair and lace, get yourself down to Halfords.
There you'll find Autoglym Tar Remover. Its for breaking down tricky sticky stuff.
Just soak the lace in a shallow bowl of it for 20 mins, then wash & rinse.
All the glue will be gone.
I've been using it for 5 years down and it doesn't harm the hair of lace in any way.
Best stuff I've ever found.
06-18-2012, 09:28 AM,
I read this somewhere before ... Is it ok to use to get glue out of your lace when it's still attatched ?
06-18-2012, 11:58 PM,
You can't really use the autoglym whist its still attached as it will completely disintegrate the glue/bond.
You soak you piece in a shallow dish with the autoglym once you've removed it from your head.
06-20-2012, 07:20 AM,
I managed to find some in the garage and it wa good at removing excess glue from the front of the head where the lace ends . Will test it on the full piece later . Do you dilute with water ?
06-20-2012, 07:36 AM,
I don't dilute it.
To clean up the lace edge, put a tiny drop on a cotton bud and wipe with that.
Autoglym does have an oil residue, so finish off with some alcohol to leave it nice & clean and so nothing is left to loosen the bond.

Good Luck.

You'll be my third convert if it works for you!