Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video of cut-in??
06-15-2012, 12:16 AM,
Video of cut-in??
Somewhere on this forum I saw a video of a guy getting a short cut-in. The stylist was a guy and he was left handed (if that helps!).

Now I can't find it again!!!

Can anybody help?
06-15-2012, 07:25 AM,
RE: Video of cut-in??
It was from yt I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJgSiwDdcok
06-15-2012, 06:46 PM,
Paul, you are a star!! Thanks, found it.

It is Joe's cut-in in Ontario, the fourth video from the top on the first page (I see there are a few of him). Fantastic looking piece.

Now the questions? What base was that, what density and color and does TL have such a system? Can that be achieved with a stock unit?
06-15-2012, 10:04 PM,
Yeah Oldwearer..guessed it was Joe`s vid. you meant.... it`s a well-known/popular one. Just had a look at the 4th one there too [in that ` series` of his]--Feb. this year........ at a guess, looks like a freestyle, lace base...medium density...... it`s hard to be more accurate than that, without knowing his exact specs. I always find the ` transformation` impressive, when watching any such clips...... from barely being able to see the person under the hair, to the finished look. The main problem with stocks, is the fit, both in terms of actual size [area] and the shape of the individual head versus the stock....custom is the best way to go to be more assured of a good ,snug fit. I can`t see what exact colour he has due to the video-quality, but you can get a good colour-match by sending in a hair-sample with your order. With stocks, you will possibly/probably need to trim it to the correct size [ always leave the front hairline alone..only trim the sides/back or you lose the ` look` ] I also think the skill of the stylist is important to give a good finished-look, with any system [stock/custom] I`m sure John will be happy to work with you once you get a template made and submit a good hair sample with it, in order to get a system you can be relaxed with.Also, remember that what works well for the guy in that video, may not work the same for you or other people..always go with a style/density which suits you as an individual and blends on with your remaining hair. Regards.
06-15-2012, 10:18 PM,
Paul,

Thanks!

I have been wearing units for nearly 31 years and only recently discovered TL, and I am very excited!

I have a custom unit on order now but I would like to order a few stock units to experiment with. Different colours and cuts plus a variation in the amount of gray. I have a great stylist but she has been hampered by the quality of my previous units.

Regards.
06-15-2012, 11:09 PM,
@Oldwearer

Lots have people have asked what the specs are for that piece in the video.
I tried emailing the company directly to ask, but they never replied.
06-15-2012, 11:47 PM,
Hersute,

I am sure the fundis here at TL can give a good idea?
06-15-2012, 11:59 PM,
Well, you`re a veteran so ! Trimming / adjusting a stock won`t phase you as much as it would a newbie..... for me, I have always found the hair -quality of my TL systems to be very good... I never suffered shedding either, but I know some guys have... it goes with the ` territory` really and shedding or rather, the causes of shedding can be many/varied, from the quality/texture of a particular batch of hair, to the way an individual wearer ` treats` it ..... I think your stylist will be able to do a much more pleasing job with a decent-quality hair.
06-16-2012, 12:10 AM,
Paul,

I hope so too! I am a veteran wearer but have never worn a lace unit. My units have never been nearly as good as these unfortunately!

I am also very hard on a unit and have always worn tougher bases but they never lasted anyway. Because they were so expensive I only got two to maybe three units a year and after the first month each would need refilling and coloring, and then they were never the same again. Because they were cr@ppy and too dense, it took me a long time to style them so they'd shed like hell. They also tangled easily and looked grassy.
06-16-2012, 12:34 AM,
Oldwearer,
That's a SFS lace system with poly on the back and sides. The density is 60-65%. That's just a tick lighter density than our stock systems. The light colored circles that you see on the base are streak highlights. That salon sells that system for $795. We sell the same thing--it's our TL 150---for $249.
Regards,
John