Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock unit density?
06-14-2012, 12:00 AM,
Stock unit density?
If you order a stock unit with 65% standard density and then ask for it to be 30% gray, will that increase the density?
06-14-2012, 12:16 AM,
RE: Stock unit density?
Hi Oldwearer,
No. The 65% density is the density of the stock unit including the 30% gray.
Regards,
John
06-14-2012, 01:12 AM,
Thanks John!

Was wondering as the gray hair will have to be added as they are normally synthetic, or do you keep stock units with 10%, 20% or 30% gray?
06-14-2012, 08:27 AM,
We only carry stock units in solid colors. The units with gray come from the factory and that's why they take and extra 2-4 days. They do not add gray to an already completed stock unit. They start from scratch with the gray percentage so that it is a consistent 65% when the unit is finished.
06-14-2012, 07:53 PM,
Thanks John, that makes sense!! (I was actually hoping it would increase the density of the stock unit to more than 65%!)

Do they spread the percentage evenly through the unit?
06-15-2012, 05:32 AM,
Oldwearer,
Yes, the gray percentage is evenly blended throughout the unit. The factory tries to keep the stock units as 'middle of the road' as possible so it appeals to the largest number of wearers. Some people may want more gray in the temple areas as this is very common--that would be a custom order and the the wearer can specify the exact percentage of gray in the temples and other areas of the unit. Note: with stock units the percentage of gray only comes in increments of 10%---so it's either 10% gray, 20% gray, 30% gray, etc.
Regards,
John
06-15-2012, 06:59 PM,
John,

Thanks, I understand.

I ordered a custom unit but I am seriously considering a stock unit with gray.

Few questions please?

Will the gray change the color you need to order? In other words do you need to maybe order one shade darker as the gray would "lighten" the whole unit?

Do the stock units have straight hair or a body wave?

What is the contour of the front? A, AA ??

Do you have example pictures of units that have 10%,20% and 30% gray?

Could the look in Joe's cut-in video (as per my previous post) be achieved with a stock unit?
06-15-2012, 11:14 PM,
@Oldwearer There is no difference in what can be achieved through a cut-in with a stock piece to a custom made one.
The question is whether a stock piece matches your own hair in density, colour & ventilation, as well as a custom made piece would.
Some people are lucky enough to have fairly standard specs and so a stock piece is viable.
If, however you have specific requirements such as percentages of grey, a certain shape of front contour etc. then you are best to order a custom and send in a hair sample, to get the perfect match.
06-15-2012, 11:45 PM,
Hersute,

I already have a custom unit on order but I would like to experiment with some stock units.

I would appreciate it if John would answer my questions regarding the stock units.
06-15-2012, 11:55 PM,
Sorry, my aim was to be helpful.
One to one conversations like the above are usually conducted via email.
I wrongly assumed you were using the public forum to solicit replies from others too.