Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple piece
06-12-2012, 11:04 PM,
RE: Temple piece
I assume you are simply filling in 2 small triangular pieces, each side of the head, at the temple areas ? You`re finding it tricky to cut them out of your system to the correct size/area?
Cling film wouldn`t be any use for such small areas... maybe if you cut out a piece of cardboard such as from a breakfast cereal box, and mark/trim it to size.....you can then hold/clip that little [more rigid] template to the edge of your system and trim out the required size..... an ideal way to do it is pin your cardboard template onto a polystyrene head-form.....then pin the system over it ...that will allow your hands free to part the hair and trim out the required size, using a hobby-knife...by parting the hair, you can avoid slicing through hairs that you want to keep......
In regards to Ghost bond.... I`ve not used it, but I see the makers have their own solvent to go with it. The fact that it`s going a bit gooey at the front, may mean you are either not applying sufficient coats initially...most glues need at least 2 coats applied... or it could also be that it is simply not compatible with your particular physiology, and you need to try a different one..... Oil Resistant White Glue seems to give good results for many people.[just Google it for suppliers---best to get it by` local` surface-delivery if possible, as it`s rendered useless if exposed to extremes of cold, such as in the cargo-hold of an aircraft]
Lace -release is simply a grade of alcohol which will break the hold between glue/tape and lace, allowing you to remove the system..it will NOT break-down glue/tape residues either on lace or on the scalp..you need a ` Glue Melter` such as `` Pure`` [brand-name] which again , is an alcohol, or you should obtain a Citrus-based Solvent such as ` C-22`, or ` De-solv it`[ http://www.dtep.com/ds22608.htm ]...put a sweat-band around your head, spray the solvent on , and allow it time to `work` 5 or 10 minutes should be sufficient. It`s safe to use the citrus solvents on lace,to melt/remove any sticky residues, but I find ` Pure` [alcohol-based] is better, as it evaporates--the citrus solvents can and do leave an oily residue which will affect your new bond if not washed out fully...can also discolour the lace with prolonged use.

Messages In This Thread
Temple piece - thomson_adam - 06-12-2012, 06:06 PM
RE: Temple piece - antywanty - 06-12-2012, 08:23 PM
RE: Temple piece - Paul In Ireland - 06-12-2012, 11:04 PM
RE: Temple piece - thomson_adam - 06-13-2012, 09:24 AM
RE: Temple piece - Snipe - 06-13-2012, 12:17 PM