Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple piece
06-12-2012, 06:06 PM,
Temple piece
Hello
Recently bought a lace piece and can't be happier with the colour match etc . I have receeding temples and decided to fill them in but have found a few problems on my way .

Firstly getting a good template , I used the old cling film an drew around it method but I found it wasn't the best . Any other ideas ?

Secondly the attachment methods , I am using ghost glue but have found myself touching up areas quite a lot with it.

As for cleaning I was using lace realease to remove then using that again to try remove some of the glue , does this sound about right ?
06-12-2012, 08:23 PM,
RE: Temple piece
just search the forum for,, bonding, glues, adhesives,
as many will not answer q&a that have been posted and answered previous,
theres a wealth of info here already the stats show,3,139 Threads,22,892 posts,

the search box is located directly under the pics of a wearer,
and in addition theres a page of fantaStic info clicking the link below,

http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4

hope this helps
ANT
06-12-2012, 11:04 PM,
I assume you are simply filling in 2 small triangular pieces, each side of the head, at the temple areas ? You`re finding it tricky to cut them out of your system to the correct size/area?
Cling film wouldn`t be any use for such small areas... maybe if you cut out a piece of cardboard such as from a breakfast cereal box, and mark/trim it to size.....you can then hold/clip that little [more rigid] template to the edge of your system and trim out the required size..... an ideal way to do it is pin your cardboard template onto a polystyrene head-form.....then pin the system over it ...that will allow your hands free to part the hair and trim out the required size, using a hobby-knife...by parting the hair, you can avoid slicing through hairs that you want to keep......
In regards to Ghost bond.... I`ve not used it, but I see the makers have their own solvent to go with it. The fact that it`s going a bit gooey at the front, may mean you are either not applying sufficient coats initially...most glues need at least 2 coats applied... or it could also be that it is simply not compatible with your particular physiology, and you need to try a different one..... Oil Resistant White Glue seems to give good results for many people.[just Google it for suppliers---best to get it by` local` surface-delivery if possible, as it`s rendered useless if exposed to extremes of cold, such as in the cargo-hold of an aircraft]
Lace -release is simply a grade of alcohol which will break the hold between glue/tape and lace, allowing you to remove the system..it will NOT break-down glue/tape residues either on lace or on the scalp..you need a ` Glue Melter` such as `` Pure`` [brand-name] which again , is an alcohol, or you should obtain a Citrus-based Solvent such as ` C-22`, or ` De-solv it`[ http://www.dtep.com/ds22608.htm ]...put a sweat-band around your head, spray the solvent on , and allow it time to `work` 5 or 10 minutes should be sufficient. It`s safe to use the citrus solvents on lace,to melt/remove any sticky residues, but I find ` Pure` [alcohol-based] is better, as it evaporates--the citrus solvents can and do leave an oily residue which will affect your new bond if not washed out fully...can also discolour the lace with prolonged use.
06-13-2012, 09:24 AM,
Thanks for all the help fellas .

Yeah find the front becomes sticky after a bath etc ... I will have a look at other glues and see what comes of it . As for the templates I'll defo give that a try as I can't seem to get the fit at the minute .

How long do you wear your piece for ?
06-13-2012, 12:17 PM,
Try Supertape, all my attachments I only use ST. Long solid hold for me and many others, it is one of the most popular.