Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well Well Well
06-12-2012, 04:41 AM,
Well Well Well
I've considered a hairpiece for a while I know a topper is what I need, I currently use tonnes of concealer and grow my hair long and push and pull my hair into position.

Well for a long time this worked out ok but as I've greyed and as I've thinned its just become so hard to get a good style.

I decided to cut it a while ago.

Biggest mistake I made.

I thought with a shorter style it would be easier..boy was I wrong.

So I've spent most of yesterday and most of today trying to make it look ok.

God knows how much concealer I've used but theres a brown layer all over my room, tonnes of hairspray and the end result was poor.

I just couldnt get a decent fringe.

So I picked up a tiny piece about 2cm across and thin and placed it infornt of my forelock....hey presto completely changed my appearance.

All those hours all that concealer and all I needed was a tiny piece with a few hairs.

I know the time may come when I shave and wear a proper piece but I still like using my own hair atm. I bet everyone on here with my amount of loss wouldnt do what I do and would shave and wear a topper.

But its amazing how such a small piece makes a huge difference.

I know the next time I wash my hair it will take a while to get right but as most of the time was spent trying to get that fringe it should be a lot quicker now.

My only worry is it falling off or exposing the lace as I simply just plonked it on and mixed it in. I was so down but now there seems a light at the end of the tunnel...is it perfect solution no but boy is it an improvement on what I looked like before.

Sorry about the long post.
06-12-2012, 05:38 AM,
RE: Well Well Well
hey dont apoloigise, youre long post is passion,
you could almost be a repeat of my problem,
i just coudnt concentrate on anything, if my hairs not right,
id spend hours trying do do the impossible, i dreaded trying again, knowing id be kidding myself,
then eventually came the acceptance,

wearing has turned my life around,
i identified the problem, addressed it , fixed it.
and im so bloody pleased i did,

looking 10 years younger,looking my best.
i love it,
male pattern baldness you thought you had robbed me of my looks well up yours.
06-12-2012, 05:46 AM,
Ha good on ya anty.

I dont mind spending a long time working with my own hair but it was getting beyond a joke...never cutting my hair again lol.

And I've ordered a hairline piece so should be even better next time.

I still think of a topper but I'm still learning...baby steps...
06-13-2012, 05:44 AM,
A topper is as easy (if not easier) to attach than the small piece you're describing, standbyme. As such, there are no "baby steps" in that regard. The ease or difficulty with which a piece is attached is not determined by the size of the piece (except in the case of a full cap...that can be difficult at the nape). And it's not any less a wig just because it is small.
06-13-2012, 06:32 AM,
I'm sure your right mate, its just I havent got the guts to shave my forelock off, I've thought about leaving say a a few cm of hair in my forlock and placing a small partial behind it and use the rest of my hair to blend it...thats probably what i will end up doing, because atm its too much hard work....but for the moment I'll use a hairline piece to at least make things a bit better, I'm sure if I hadnt cut my hair I wouldnt have this problem.

I understand that its still a hairpiece but 2 cm by 1cm is hardly really anything...but I'm hoping to get a thicker hairline piece.,
06-13-2012, 06:15 PM,
standbyme wrote:

"but 2 cm by 1cm is hardly really anything."

Why is that important to you? I think I have a pretty good idea, but go ahead and let me know if you get a chance.