Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
considering full cap please help
06-10-2012, 05:50 PM,
considering full cap please help
hello everyone,

my hair loss pattern is actually really unfortunate, I have diffuse thinning over the entire scalp which unfortunately for me includes the sides and back hair. I have been able to cover up using hair fibers but i'm 26 and i have struggled with hair loss for 10 years now. I really want that look of full healthy hair. I was considering doing a full cap. I have some questions. I do have my temples, and a thinning hairline. I have attached a picture, it's not me but it's a good example of my hair loss, and another picture of the type of hair style i'm trying to achieve. Can i get a system made where i can keep my temples and make it look like that other pic?

also i'm a medical student and will be in the hospital setting, would these systems hold up for 12 hours at a time? and how often would i have to take the system off?

I really don't know anything about hair systems at all , so any advice would be great.

Attached Files Image(s)

06-10-2012, 07:46 PM,
RE: considering full cap please help
I reckon it`s do-able [keeping your temples ] .... you can make a template so that the edge / perimeter is back a bit ..it will be necessary to get the density of the system fairly spot-on there or it could be a give-away, but yeah, I can see why you`d want to keep them.... you should check out JRob`s site ` Hairjive.com` --devoted specifically to fullcaps... he`ll also be quite happy to deal with specific points/concerns you will have. I`m not too sure what you mean by asking will the system ` hold up for 12 hours at a time` ....if you mean bond-time, 12 hours is nothing... most guys wear for a minimum of anywhere from a few days to 2 or 3 weeks...depends a lot on your lifestyle - regular gym-goers will be sweating a lot and need more frequent de-bonds/cleaning as adhesives will not hold up so well to heat and moisture,and the need for hygiene for the scalp, as opposed to a person with a more sedate lifestyle. Personally, I only do a light bond [a few small/short strips of ` Walker no-shine` tape, and remove the thing nightly, but that`s just me, and not everyone has the time for such frequency] You`ll also need to 1 experiment` a bit and find out which tapes/ glues work best with your individual body-type....so a bit of trial and error is normal for everyone in the early days of wearing. Many guys use ` Got2beglued` spiking glue as a bonding -material....it has it`s uses....won`t hold up well to profuse sweating, but it`s quick/easy to apply to the scalp, will hold for about 2 days or so, just hop into the shower and let the water at it and it`ll release.....rinses out / off the lace and scalp really easily....doesn`t hold the very edge of the perimeter too well I found, but all I did was use 2 or 3 strips of tape at the very front hairline to ensure no visibility [lifting of the lace] and `Got2b` over the rest of the head...works just fine....mostly though I just use a few strips of tape here and there at the ` strategic` points, and leave the rest of the scalp un-glued/taped---leaves the scalp ` breath` .
06-10-2012, 09:10 PM,
thanks so much for the reply, really appreciate it. I will definately consider doing something soon about this, because it's just gotten so bad with my hair now.
06-11-2012, 09:04 AM,
Whatever you do I'd do it soon! You're thinning quite bad and it's only going to get worse the longer you leave it.

Also, when you order your full or almost full cap just be sure not to overdo the density! Go low density, but just a bit more than you have already. Since everyone is already used to seeing it that way, it won't be that surprising when you have just a little bit more.

If you go too dense it will be obvious. You can build up the density a bit with each progressive piece. You can even just tell everyone you're using minoxidil or propecia.

Also keep in mind with a full cap (as with any piece) it is easiest to pull off with a hidden hairline.

eg. Jrob style:
http://hairjive.com/blog/
06-11-2012, 10:08 AM,
youve came here because youve admitted youre comming to the end of the road with options,
well,and youre taking control,

i love to chip in not really on the techy stuff, but to just reassure you that,
modern hair systems are just mindblowing,

weve all been where you are, waiting hoping the hair loss wont progress any further,
the anxiety , deppresion,

its on youre mind,
its worse when i suppose you want to look youre best on a night out , ect.

well you can,
you can look every bitt as good as he guys standing next to you with naturally growing hair,
honestly,
just order the right density, colour match, good cut in,
and once you get used to bonding, debonding,
youre soughted, its a learning game,
new products are in development all the time ,research ect.
i like alot of wearers started off with a salon, find one thats pretty cheap shop around easier seid than done.
only to really do the cut in, and maybee show you how to bond , ect
then you can leave them when youre confident in going it alone.

just do it,hell im a worrier and if i can do it ,
make the most of youre looks ect, one life one chance,

good luck anty Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

06-11-2012, 04:30 PM,
thank you for such kind encouraging words, its great to see so much support, and it makes me really feel relieved knowing that others have gone through this process. I am really worried though that the unit will come off and not be secure enough. I would ideally like to have the system stay inplace for at least a week without any worries. I would be able to do the cleaning weekly, but i know it depends on the person and daily activities. As a medical student the last thing i would want to worry about is having to put in all the extra time trying to fix my unit on a daily basis.

how long have people been able to go on the system before they had to clean it?
06-11-2012, 08:44 PM,
just search the forum for,, bonding, glues, adhesives,
as many will not answer q&a that have been posted and answered previous,
theres a wealth of info here already the stats show,3,139 Threads,22,892 posts,

the search box is located directly under the pics of a wearer,
and in addition theres a page of fantaStic info clicking the link below,

http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4

hope this helps
ANTSmile