Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is Polyfusion really ?
06-06-2012, 04:16 AM,
What is Polyfusion really ?
After lots of research I've cancelled my membership with HCM and got my deposit back.

They say Polyfusion is an exclusive 'second skin' that only HCM is licsensed to use. It lasts for 4 months with little to no maintanace.

Is this all a crock? Any other name its called under different distributors? Actually 4 month life span?

Btw this is my first post thanks for all the great info, cOmmunity !
06-06-2012, 07:06 AM,
RE: What is Polyfusion really ?
It sounds like just another marketing gimmick word to create the illusion they are using something fancy. It's probably just a regular poly/skin base. Adding the word fusion to the end may trick some less intelligent people into thinking it is some technological breakthrough.
06-06-2012, 06:05 PM,
according to them, this is a polymer used in open heard surgery, and facial plastic surgery.

thanks for your input, wish someone had concrete knowledge on this...
06-07-2012, 06:30 AM,
I think they're talking about a strong glue that Hair Club uses to 'fuse' the hair system to the scalp. This 'hard bond' lasts for 4-6 weeks or until your next appointment with Hair Club per your maintenance contract. It gets you from one appointment to the next without you having to do anything. I don't believe this is sanitary to bond for this long a period without removing the hair system and cleaning your scalp. Some people might comment that the scalp would get itchy going that long without taking the unit off and properly cleaning the scalp. Hair Club has a solution for that. They are glad to sell you a bottle of a product called 'Alive.' It's an scalp cleanser that you squirt through the base of your unit and it dissolves (or eats) the crude that has accumulated on your scalp. I just think that there is no substitute for removing the unit, cleaning the scalp, and then doing a fresh re-attachment. It's more sanitary than the 'hard bond.'
06-07-2012, 08:29 AM,
thanks for all this solid input. i certainly wouldn't want to keep it on that long anyway. initially i thought because the net allows the scalp to breathe enough but since many users have reported this problem im gonna opt for a 2 -3 week bond time.

thank guys
06-07-2012, 05:22 PM,
no im not referring to a poly base, but the 'polyfusion' adhesive used by HCM
06-08-2012, 03:58 PM,
My understanding is that this "polyfuse" adhesive used by HCM is ...

... basically superglue ... which wouldn't be safe on your scalp. They use it to fuse the base to your perimeter of hair. It sticks like ... well, superglue. As your perimeter of hair grows, the piece gets looser and looser, though still superglued to the hair. Human hair grows about a half inch/month ... so you can get an idea of how it would feel at the end of a 4 week run between appointments.

What solvent could remove this ? None, they use clippers to cut it out of your hair, and then glue again onto the growth since your last attachment.

FWIW,
~FB