Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair Integration System
05-27-2012, 03:17 AM,
Hair Integration System
Hi,

I am in a situation where my hair has started to thin quite badly and the temples recede but I am not yet ready for a hair system. Though I have accepted that's my route in the long term!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience/knowledge of hair integration systems - where you pull your existing, growing hair directly through the unit. The unit is bonded to your hair, so there is obviously the risk of traction alopecia. But all I am really looking for is a temporary measure (maybe 1-2 yrs) before hair loss has progressed and I am ready for full/partial system...

Ideally this would give be a few years of nice thick hair and allow me to progress straight to the system without anyone being aware of the further hair loss.
I have attached a pic of my hair at the moment and was hoping for some feedback?

Attached Files Image(s)

05-27-2012, 06:55 AM,
RE: Hair Integration System
It's a hairpiece-like we all wear. I'm guessing the integration comes from having a wider spacing between the squares of lace that the hair gets pulled through. Imagine the time taken to get that fitted/removed/cleaned etc? It's a pain taking a normal piece off, let alone having something like that removed often enough not to cause hygiene problems. Then imagine trying to disguise a wide spaced piece of lace on your scalp that's actually mingled with your real hair...just think it through for a few minutes. You need to search more on the net & see if this a viable option-sounds like a nightmare to me. Regards
05-27-2012, 09:08 AM,
Yeah, I'm seeing more and more threads like this by folks trying to use something short of a decent sized partial. I wonder if it's because of some thought in their minds that, "well, if I call what I'm wearing an integration system, or if I just make two little partials for the receding temples, then it's not a hairpiece?" Guys, the distinction is non-existent and it's pointless. In fact, for those of you thinking about getting two small partials for the temples (not the OP) the reality is you will be wearing TWO hairpieces. Shave the bad stuff off and replace it with a full topper or a decent sized partial. Just shave back until you run into the good, non-thinning hair. It's a hairpiece regardless of what you're calling it, and a traditional topper or partial is much easier to attach and maintain. I guarantee that and have no reason to mislead you.

As to the OP, dude, you're an ideal candidate for a 2 to 4 inch partial with that hairstyle (which is very reminiscent of the one I've worn since I was 16). Since you wear your bangs down, you should have no problem with the transition. Make a template for a partial tracing back to where your hair is thinning (which I bet is about 2 inches from your forelock in the center) or maybe a little more. Order a partial with very straight hair (gets some assurance from the retailer that you'll get straight hair -- get it in writing and raise hell if they don't come through), then shave that crappy stuff off and put the partial on when it arrives. After that just order larger partials as your hair recedes over the years. That's exactly the process I went through, except I had the misfortune of paying a salon to do it for those first few years. But, since I started early like you, nobody ever described me as the bald guy or the guy with a receding hairline. The time to act is now. You will not be sorry.
05-27-2012, 09:27 AM,
How old are you?

Is it thinning all over?

Small partials work well for the front, when you have a comb down style.
05-27-2012, 11:07 AM,
As has been said, there are quite a few posts popping up about 'integration' lately.
People wanting to bulk out there existing hair.
You could go down the route that girls do and have extra wefts of hair glued on to your own hair, but I think its highly impractical for everyday life and it will REALLY weaken your existing hair.
05-29-2012, 12:50 PM,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0VHJ1_tAOQ

Watch this video.

She says, if you don't have much hair, it is attached with medical tape. So its basically a piece!

Then she says if you have more you it is attached to the individual strand of hair... so its a hair extension!

Then she starts to refer to it as a system!

Then she finally gets to the real video.

Hair integration is just a fancy way of having your piece weaved or sewn into existing hair.

I'm sure its fine if you are a woman and have long hair, but for a guy with short hair, when you tried to comb it or gel it, you'd mess up the knotting.

Plus, having that knotting done really ruins your existing hair. For a woman who has chemotherapy, or a woman who has some balding in certain areas, its fine. But definitely not good for a guy, unless you have want to have long hair.
05-31-2012, 05:54 AM,
My hair is pretty long but I suppose maintenance of the system if it is bonded onto my existing hair, might be an issue. I guess that is something I will have to look into!

Small partials at the front was my initial intention but a stylist in London told me that they are hard to secure and many people do not get on with them. I think it may be worth looking into these again..

(By the way my style is fairly long, thinning everywhere but the back really and I am 27..)
05-31-2012, 02:46 PM,
I honestly don't understand why someone would think a partial is that hard to secure?

If you are bonding a piece to the whole top of your head, how can bonding it to just the half front of your head be any less secure?