Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going on a really fast boat!
05-25-2012, 09:52 AM,
Going on a really fast boat!
Just a little bit worried about tomorrow.
Going with some friends on a really, REALLY fast boat, gonna stop for some jetski's as well.

Bonding with supertape and ghostbond.

Do you guys think i'm gonna make it from total humiliation?

Wish me luck!

jeeez...
05-25-2012, 11:20 AM,
RE: Going on a really fast boat!
I wouldn't chance it without a head scarf or something similar.....but best of luck mate lol. Regards
05-25-2012, 01:44 PM,
Wear a baseball cap, and make it really tight at the back
05-25-2012, 02:17 PM,
you guys really think it will come off? =/
I kind of feel i could not even remove it with alot of strength without breaking the piece.
Is strong wind really something to be that worried about?

I think i should be more worried about trashing the hairstyle.. but i'll just might buy a baseball cap tomorrow. lol
05-25-2012, 02:58 PM,
No, i don't think there's much chance it would come off.. but even at the off chance, i'd wear a hat.
and you're right.. the hairstyle will be everywhere if u don't cover it up!
05-25-2012, 06:55 PM,
Depends how fast the boat ... but if it were me, I'd be sure of a fresh bond cured for a solid 24 hours. I'd be sure of my hairline, and then go slicked straight back, working with the wind I'd be facing into. Then I'd bring along a baseball cap (just in case), which I'd consider wearing backwards, adjusted tight.

If it's like a speedboat/cigarette boat, and there's lots of humidity and sea spray, I might be too nervous to go w/out the hat ... a more traditional motorboat, and less sweaty/wet conditions, I'd probably feel comfortable hatless.

Sometimes, in boating situations on open water, there can be strong wind shears coming from multiple directions ... then my straight back style would be a mess, I'd wimp out and don the cap. It's nerve wracking, I know ... and if you'll be so nervous, you can't enjoy yourself, then play it safe w/ a tight cap and have fun !!!

FB
05-25-2012, 08:50 PM,
Bandana
05-25-2012, 09:46 PM,
Thanks guys!

just bought me a new baseball cap, if i would put on a bandana my friends would be very sceptical, just not me at all =D

The boat i dont know what its called in english, its one of those fast rubber boats where you sit two in a row and it goes crazt fast.
05-26-2012, 04:15 AM,
I do roller coasters and scuba dive with blue lace tape. The 'piece never budges. Not even a little. But I'll admit that I had a friend drive around with me in the back of a pickup at high speed before I got on that first roller coaster. After that, I knew there was nothing to be concerned with. As such, wear a cap if you would have worn a cap with your real hair (lots of people do simply because your hair -- whether your own or some asian person's attached to fabric -- gets messed up in a boat). Otherwise, I doubt you'll have an issue if you're using blue lace tape (or stronger, if it exists).