Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!
05-24-2012, 01:30 AM,
HELP!
Hey guys Outlaw here. As a newbie to hair wearing I have a few questions.
One I was wondering if anyone has used Tl exercise base or something similar?
Two what is the best tapes/glues for someone who swimms/sweats a lot ?
I'm wearing a piece now from a local salon that is a polyskin base , everythings good so far except I've had to de/re twice now bc it keeps lifting off especially in the front and sides. The local salon is using a glue called perma bond and he did give me a bottle for quick fixes but it has since turned into a diy for me to keep cost down. If you have any advice please help! I'm to young to be bald haha
Thank you !
05-24-2012, 01:48 PM,
RE: HELP!
Hi Outlaw,

never used an exercise base (curious about them as well, though) ... but ...

... for swimming/sweating situations I had decent results w/ waterproof glue at the front and stronger tapes at back and sides ... utlrahold glue (PITA to work with, though), blue liner tape or Proflex (Extendabond) tape (wide tape w/ blue backing and holes punched in it).

FWIW,
~FB
05-24-2012, 04:34 PM,
I had the equivalent of an exercise base from another supplier, and I used either blue lace tape or vapon no-tape (which is a hard bond) when I went scuba diving. The poly on an exercise base is a lot thicker than a skin unit and you can use the really strong stuff on them without much fear of tearing the piece.

For what it's worth, I now use blue lace tape on my all lace units and have been diving many times with that combination. No problems of any kind. Blue tape is strong stuff, and it will stand up to almost anything for quite a while unless you have a really unusual body chemistry that breaks it down fast. Keep in mind that I'm not looking for the best appearance possible when engaging in water sports. I'm looking for something that will stop the unit from blowing off or floating away. That's done the trick for me for several years.
05-24-2012, 05:20 PM,
I appreciate the advice gentlmen. I my self am not worried so much about hairline bc i do ware it down more so than not. I would however enjoy the security of knowing I'm not going to have a flap up front lift if I were swimming/ Sweatin all day. I will def. Try these products out.
Needmorehair would you recommend an excercise base or got straight to Swiss with blue tape?
Thanks again !
05-25-2012, 12:45 AM,
Try putting a coat of ultrahold ontop of the blue lace tape