Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glued Hairline Tips?
05-22-2012, 06:34 AM,
Glued Hairline Tips?
Hey Gang!

I'm a fairly new wearer but I'm obsessed with it to say the least and went through my first unit fast (it became very thin, front hairline lace was clearly visible) because I messed with it too much I think (My second custom is due this week). I want to glue the hairline but I haven't aced the technique yet and always seem to have just enough lace (like less than 1/16'' or so) that doesn't glue well or stay glued well and curls up.

So. here are my two questions.

1. I'm using Ultra Hold by the way. My main concern with gluing the front hairline every 2-3 days is damaging or breaking the knots, thinning the hairline quickly, exposing the lace. Right now I just use alcohol to release the bond and then clean my forehead and re-attach. Is there anything I can do in this process to protect the frontal hair from being damaged or a better product to release the bond than alcohol? I also use knot sealer once a week.

2. And, besides just more practice, does anyone have tips on getting the front bond to stay down COMPLETELY for the entire 2-3 days?

Thanks for any help. I enjoy reading and learning here very much!
05-22-2012, 07:42 AM,
RE: Glued Hairline Tips?
I`m surprised Ultrahold is not keeping the edge in place...it`s one of the stronger glues. Have you considered using tape/s at the front ? For the curved part you can use contour tapes [shaped like boomerangs] ....although I find them a bit `fiddly`to work -with. Can you describe your glue application method ? Are you using ``Lace-release`` to break the bond? It`s a different % of alcohol to alcohol glue-melter....... alcohols have negative effects [drying] on hair, so frequent application can lead to early shedding. Also, there`s no need to apply knot-sealer weekly.... once in a month or 6 weeks is enough, depending on how frequently you wash the system. The lace has to be clean, dry and free of oils from your fingers etc....might be a good idea to wear thin latex gloves [the disposable type] when handling the system during your attachment. You may also find a different glue works best on your particular scalp....results with bonding-products can vary quite a bit from person to person.