Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All swiss or swiss hairline plus other??
05-21-2012, 09:31 AM,
All swiss or swiss hairline plus other??
Hi guys

I've posted pics in another thread and I've received tons of great advice.
I was originally going to try and incorporate a topper behind my hairline/forelock but I've been advised Its best to shave the whole top.

ok so! my question is, if I'm going to just have a topper (I have good side and back hair) what kind of lace do I go for? I was going to just get Swiss lace all over but I've seen others suggest a combination.

Will I be alright with just a Swiss lace all over topper?

many thanks
05-21-2012, 09:36 AM,
RE: All swiss or swiss hairline plus other??
you could try medium skin, with a sf swiss lace front for a great harline.
05-21-2012, 10:16 AM,
So you decided to shave? Seems thats what most advise, I dont know I'm in two minds, still thinking of recession pieces, I have placed stock pieces in the recession and it looks good, but like you my forlock is thinning so I would need to work to get that thicker.

there are so many advantages and dissadvantages to both possible ways.

I guess with the recession pieces the big adnvantages are...no shaving, only need really small pieces, easy to use, can use own hairline to help look and undectectibility one of the biggest is the idea of it doesnt really feel like a wig because they are so small and no shaving is needed, rather than shaving it and plonking a wig on,dissadvantages are thinning forlock needs concealer to thicken, limited to scraped back look....

I just dont know....sometimes I think of other ways, maybe just a thick hairline piece, or carry on brushing my hair forward and using concealer....even Hair transplants.

It seems its all I think about at the moment.
05-21-2012, 10:47 AM,
Yea I understand what you mean, for years I worried about my hair then I decided to not care so much but I've got fed up with it always being such a struggle to look even mediocre.

I just figured to go for it, shave the whole top.I don't have a particularly big head and I'm going for a messy with a bit of length kind of look.It can only be an improvement on what I have so long as I can blend it well enough.I've had people jokingly say my hair is like a wig anyway, may as make it look better and actually be wearing one!

good luck man, I'll post pics if i'm happy with it!

I should probably mention that I intend to have maybe 3 inches of length and would like to have as big a gap inbetween detaching/ reattaching as possible.What would be the best option for that?

Im sure I read the skin systems need to be taken off more often?

Would an all swiss lace topper be a good system to get?
05-21-2012, 09:29 PM,
There`s advantages and disadvantages with different base-materials. I`ve worn all-poly [skin] but that was a few years back and it was much `heavier`than the more modern thin-skin materials...but still, to my mind, it`s like a layer of polythene and is `clammy`on your own skin...sweat etc., gets trapped under it... also, in terms of removal, it`s impermeable so has to be removed by peeling it off from front or back, whereas with lace, you just use a few darts of lace-release down through the lace onto the bond and it`ll pop off much faster....lace is far more breathable for your scalp and you can let water at it [shower] so a large part of the scalp can be kept fresher while wearing --just the perimeter-bonded area will be imprevious to water. All-Swiss lace is fine.... it`s not quite as robust as French lace, but nothing majorly to worry about. I`d advie you to go for a regular time-frame for doing your de/re ... it can head off problems.... if possible, leave the thing off your head overnight when you take it off, to allow your skin to `breath`/dry .....many of the glues/tapes , if left on too long --especially in humid weather--- can be fine [strong] one day, and literally go unstable/gooey/messy overnight and give you a major clean-up job..... I know many guys go for 2 - 3 week bonds.... I`ve done it with all-poly and it can often lead to scalp problems with itchiness/irritation and possible infections setting in...keeping to a regular cleaning routine will avoid such hygiene issues.... I`d go for a weekly schedule and you`ll steer clear of such problems--that`s just my take on it and again, this can very much be determined by your own individual body/ physiology and how you `react`to different bonding products etc. Cheers.
05-23-2012, 12:52 PM,
Go with all sfs, the most undetectable and last as long as any other base.