Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help on using hair dye on my unit
05-20-2012, 03:05 AM,
I need help on using hair dye on my unit
My piece is quite a bit lighter than my real hair...and I'd like to dye it. I have no idea how to do this, and don't want to get lace on the dye and totally destroy it.

Back 2 Natural would be my best bet...but I'm sort of in a panicked rush here and need to do something fast.

Can anyone help me on this? Is there a video anywhere that I can watch to show me how to do it? I've googled and youtube'd, but can't find anything that really helps much Sad

Thanks so much everyone...
05-20-2012, 04:57 AM,
RE: I need help on using hair dye on my unit
Hi,I found a couple of videos.Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl7NfTrqECI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...S2vua4H-QY
05-20-2012, 04:59 AM,
The videos on Youtube make a song-and-dance of it. You just need to proceed cautiously/carefully. I assume you are going to buy some brand of colouring solution in a local pharmacy as you are in a hurry. Mix it as per the instructions on the pack, then mist your system -hair all over with water, ensuring it`s all quite damp [but not dripping water]--simply blot any excess water with a towel. If you have a polystyrene head-form, pin the system to it.
It`s no big deal if you haven`t got one....... wear rubber gloves also. Apply of the solution along the spine of a comb --- again, not too much. Then, slowly back-comb the hair by pushing the comb `into `the hair about 1/2 an inch or so above the lace and move it out to the tips....as long as you apply only moderate amounts onto the comb each time, it shouldn`t run/drip onto the lace ...keep moving the comb away from the lace out to the hair -tips as you move around the various areas of the system... only allow the solution on / in the hair for about 3 or 4 minutes..system hair `takes`colour very fast and can go too deep for what you want in a very short space of time.... rinse the colour out under running water --through the base from the underside so the water runs down the hairs to the tips i.e. away from the lace. Have a look at it when it`s dry and see if it`s the correct `depth`for what you want..if not, re-do it, in the same manner. As long as you don`t dollop the stuff on, it won`t get onto the lace.... you just have to be careful and patient.
Edit: I was looking for that clip posted above [shine-no-more] posted by NYCguy.. I know I have it saved on another browser somewhere....I was typing my reply, while NYCguy was posting his,so we `crossed`--- the clips I was looking at on Youtube were very long-winded..that one above is about the best one around.
05-23-2012, 12:55 PM,
Check the info links sticky, some old pros have a few things posted.
05-23-2012, 02:17 PM,
Here's one I follow myself and it works great
http://www.hairdirect.com/video/how-to/b...oring.aspx
05-24-2012, 03:01 AM,
It's really not so difficult and I am actually getting ready to do it today. I just set the piece on my knee cap and carefully apply the dye to a metal comb and comb the dye through the hair being careful not to get it on the base. Let it set a five to ten minutes and rinse it base up.

It is easier than you think.
05-24-2012, 03:37 AM,
jmg5312 - thanks for the HD link, this should help the OP - however the video does not show coloring the front - which is usually the tricky area.

Someone here suggested using Vaseline on the Styrofoam head and I did that with awesome results, no lace/knot stain whatsoever. Vaseline seeps through a little and coats the lace and knots. A pain and lots of hot water to get the vaseline all the out but the knots and lace are pristine.
05-24-2012, 06:01 AM,
The first video I posted is showing him coloring the fron hairline too.Someone suggested using a small mascara brush to carefully get as close to the roots as possible without staining the lace.