Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another newbie in need of advice (photos)
06-20-2012, 06:31 AM,
RE: another newbie in need of advice (photos)
Anty, Paul, someone on the density question? I want to order this week and have no idea about which density to pick. All the other parameters are clear, I guess!
06-20-2012, 06:50 AM,
On another forum, a member made a very good observation.
With your first order, from any company, you can't really expect to get everything 100% right.
One company's density isn't another's.
You have to get used to your suppliers products and hone your specs with each following order.

A graduated hairline, in my opinion, is always a good option.
65% density or light-medium seems to be the general preference.

It might not be EXACTLY right for you, but its a start.
And you'll find it MUCH easier to work with a slightly incorrect density than what you have to do with your own natural hair currently.

There are ways of thinning out a piece yourself if necessary.
Don't let this put you off.
06-20-2012, 07:25 AM,
Just go with medium , as has been pointed-out, as a starter.... while I totally understand your ` fears` / apprehensions [ we were all there] it`s easy to amplify possible issues/snags..there are so many things going through your mind....it can be daunting.
If it turns out to be a little lighter density than you`d like, you can tweak it on the next order...no-one will be any the wiser as you`ll look no` worse` [thinner] than you presently do.....if it`s a little too dense, you can easily thin it a little by dabbing on spots of hair-removal cream [ Nair] randomly to the knots. Don`t fret too much anyway.. just send in your pics. to John with your order and he`ll know what will work best for you....just get your template done reasonably accurately, and a decent hair sample to go with it [take hair from a few areas as the hair at the back/crown is always darker than towards to front of the head]
Good luck with it .
06-20-2012, 07:47 AM,
thanks so much, guys!
06-20-2012, 08:23 AM,
such a hairpiece look for anty...sorry for being completely honest!
06-20-2012, 08:45 AM,
i woudnt wear if it looked like a peice, defeats the object,
in reality it looks great,

thats why i wear,
photos reality 2 diffrent worlds
06-20-2012, 09:15 AM,
no offense but it the pic you attached the hairline is too low and the density is too high.
06-20-2012, 09:43 AM,
wel im sorry i dont agree, youre opinions , well ..youre opinion.
07-02-2012, 09:58 PM,
I think everybody's given you top notch advice so far - not much to add here - but thought I'd post a little trick I used to use before I moved to wearing years ago that might help you feel a little better immediately.

My own hairloss was much like yours at first, but not quite as diffuse. I drove down to the nearest drugstore and looked in the makeup section for a powdered eye shadow shade that matched my own hair (light brown), and using one of those triangle shaped makeup sponges, rubbed the powder down thru my hair onto my scalp to darken the white scalp down a little. Just a little of this trick went a long way to make it look like I had twice as much hair in the thinning areas.

I successfully used the powder as needed to camouflage my thinning areas on top until I eventually made the switch to a topper. It was cheap, easy and washed right out with each shampoo. For me it worked better and looked more realistic than some of those other fiber type concealers, and cost less too.

From looking at your pics I can tell your natural color is much like mine--not going to be easy to match. When you send in your order be sure to send a generous sample of hair taken from the top/front area of your growing hair to get a close match. Don't send in a samples taken from the back or from behind the ear, because the hair there is usually a shade or two darker than the hair on the top.