Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another newbie in need of advice (photos)
05-19-2012, 08:38 AM,
another newbie in need of advice (photos)
Hey guys,

I have been preparing the step to wearing for a while now, although my thinning isn't that extreme yet. However, I'm really conscious about the problem most of the time and it kinda ruins my life. Also, we all know that baldness is a progressive phenomenon and by simply looking at my dad's head, I know what expects me. That being said, I think it is wise to take the step rather sooner than later so that the change isn't noticeable and no one realizes.

The pictures I attach show IMO that there is a really big difference in appearance between normal and bad hair days. So it's more on bad hair days that I feel really terrible about my hair. (just fyi: I've never used concealers, all pics are just my natural hair)

Okay, here are my questions that I'd really love to have your input to:

1. Until very recently, I thought about starting with a front partial replacing my thinned out hairline going not further than some 2.5 inches into the back to get the hang of it and see whether wearing is an acceptable solution for me. Then I took the below picture showing how thin my crown already looks on bad days. Ever since I think I have to go for a full topper immediately to prevent creating a really obvious contrast. What do you guys think? Is it much more difficult to start with a topper right away? I do need one, not just some frontal replacement, don't I?

2. As a totally inexperienced user, I'd say given the curliness of my hair, I should order a body wave, correct? Although my hair gets quite curly when getting longer, this is about as long as I grow it anyways. And when I see the curliness of Paul's piece who ordered body wave as well, that seems to be even more than I need.

3. Which style should I order provided I don't want to change much about my hairstyle? Freestyle or something else?

4. Could someone of you take the picture showing the top of my head and draw in the area I should shave and replace? I think my thinning is limited to the hairline and the parting area. At the sides and also at the sides of the top, if you get what I mean, I still have ever so thick hair!

5. Fifth and last question would be about color: During summer, my hair usually gets a lot more blonde then it looks on the pictures. Does the piece hair change brightens as well due to the sunlight or will I get a mess when ordering my current hair color and then seeing a brightening in my natural hair?

I'm really curious about your comments, please help me to take this step as you have done in so many cases before. I'm really in deep psychological trouble because of the way I look (or would look without hair). And before anyone tells me to go see a therapist, doin' that already!

Thanks a lot in advance to all of you! From what I've read so far on this forum, you're a great community!

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
another newbie in need of advice (photos) - miou - 05-19-2012, 08:38 AM