Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Post.Some questions to the veterans.Pics!
05-18-2012, 07:05 PM,
RE: First Post.Some questions to the veterans.Pics!
Hi NYCguy....the lace always has that slight tinge to it.. you haven`t worn it yet and sitting on a white polystyrene head-form like that
will exaggerate things.. once it`s sitting on your head, it takes on the tone of the skin underneath it. I assume you`ve just lightly shampooed
it to remove factory-residues...don`t over-do the shampooing..dryness is the main enemy of system hair and frequent shampooing will
make it worse...just spritz regularly with water and use a good leave-in conditioner a few times a week. I`m always ranting-on about
``PPI Enhance`` conditoner [Google it for suppliers] ... I only use that, and occasionally, a little Brylcreem [original]... about a week`s wear,
apply knot-sealer to the underside of the base to seal /`lock`your knots in place...helps prevent shedding...apply very sparingly..don`t `wet`the
base with it..just barely dab at the knots with a cotton-pad moistened with sealer. No lace is `White`as that last pic appears to show....there
is always a brownish hue to it...once it`s bonded onto your head, it`ll be fine.
p.s. a fabric dye-remover won`t damage the system if you want to try it..guys sometimes use it on the knots to remove dye if/when they decide they want to extra- bleach
them. All lace systems I ever got had that brown-ish hue and always blended in invisibly for me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Post.Some questions to the veterans.Pics! - Paul In Ireland - 05-18-2012, 07:05 PM