Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Post.Some questions to the veterans.Pics!
05-21-2012, 08:20 AM,
RE: First Post.Some questions to the veterans.Pics!
To Paul or John is there a bleach treatment to brighten the lace a bit.My delimma is that I can't just put it on until I'm 100% confident it will work and it's as close to perfect as could be.

I still have lots of long thick hair left (i'm a NW 2.5-3) so,it's not an easy thing to just shave it all off and go for it,because if for some reason it's not to my satisfaction I will be in deep deep trouble.I simply look horrible bald and can never be seen in public with a shaved head.I also can never return to work if I somehow botch this.

I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from.And thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.
05-21-2012, 09:11 PM,
I`ve never heard of anyone bleaching lace-- not saying it`s not possible, just that I`ve not heard of it...I know some wearers bleach their knots if they`re not happy with the level of bleaching done at the factory.... the trouble with bleaching is it tends to weaken the hair and leads to early / premature shedding.... maybe someone who`s bleached their knots can tell you if it also lightened the lace..... I think you`re [naturally] just over-stressing..this is totally new to you and obviously you`ll be extremely `conscious`of all kinds of things/scenarios..... no-one is going to see your lace very very close-up.....after all it`s sitting on top of your head and unless you`re sitting down and someone were to stand alongside you and look down onto your head, all that most people will see in a `casual`situation on the street or in a store or wherever , is your front hairline.... when lace is sitting into glue/taped down, you`d be surprised how invisible it is....not being flippant with you, but you have the same lace as everyone else gets .... and others don`t have an issue with the colour of it.....I can totally `get`your concerns of course...... the concept of wearing is daunting at the start...it`s a new world for you..... try sitting it onto the back of your hand or even the `inside`of your forearm..the skin there will be a lighter colour..see how it looks..... or just hold it tightly against the forehead ..that should give you some idea but again, without glue or tape under it, it won`t give the true `finished deal` .... once it`s cut-in and styled, you`ll hardly see the lace really..sorry I can`t give you a more specific answer but if someone who bleaches their knots can chime-in, it would be cool to hear what they say...regards, Paul.
05-22-2012, 07:30 AM,
Thank you Paul for always taking the time to respond.I received a couple of different suggestions that i'm gonna try.I'm worried because I actually did tape the front bit to the inside of my forearm and I could still see the lace.maybe you are right and I'm just being too paranoid..Anyway I will try what's been suggested to me and see if it helps.Wish me luck.
05-22-2012, 06:45 PM,
Hi NYC, I`ll make an enquiry from another person I know who has a lot of experience in this game too.... I`ll post feedback for you when I have it --most likely tomorrow. I totally understand your concerns, and not trying to make light of them. I have a dark complexion, strange for a Paddy I know, but I have, but my scalp-skin is pale/white ,as most Caucasian`s is, and the lace is not detectable [ I wear French lace too, which is a slightly thicker/ `heavier`lace] Check back tomorrow and I`ll have an answer as to whether lightening the lace-colour is possible/adviseable. Cheers for now.
05-23-2012, 03:44 AM,
OK, the advice is the same...the white polystyrene head -form will make it look stark, as will putting it onto `ordinary`skin such as the back of your hand etc., and will normally be fine once in place on your head...you can bleach lace..it is possible, however, the downsides are probable hair shedding out early, and some brown laces can go an orange hue from the bleach.
You can order `` transparent`lace, which is as the name suggests [that`s news to me so just proves you learn something new every day] If you`d like to mail me, my address is on my Toplace profile..and I`ll send you the full text....but that`s essentially the essence of it there. Hope that is of use.
05-23-2012, 06:43 AM,
Thanks again for the info,Paul.Somebody on another forum suggested a dye/color remover and John suggested I put some 91% alcohol in a shallow pan and immerse the lace for a few minutes.I will try the color remover tonight and see if it makes any difference.
05-25-2012, 05:15 AM,
Paul when you say you can order transparent lace, do you mean through toplace as an option on custom orders?
05-25-2012, 05:26 AM,
Yeah,I would like to know the answer to that as well.
05-25-2012, 09:29 AM,
Sorry guys..can`t answer that one... the guy I was in touch with just said it`s available...presumably a large supplier like TL which deals with a large factory, could certainly supply that if requested , but it would be best to ask John about it, to be sure. I`d be interested to know too !
05-25-2012, 11:14 AM,
Isn't it better to just color the hair first before ventilation to prevent color from staining the lace??!