Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will these clips work?
05-17-2012, 01:37 AM,
Will these clips work?
I'm not currently wearing a piece.. i'm waiting for a new piece to arrive, so i'm dealing with my real hair and a little concealer at the moment. I do have a piece here (that i've never worn), which is cut and ready to go.. but i don't want to shave the top of my head and fully commit to wearing again until my new custom piece arrives.. which will still be several weeks away.

But i've got some Walker no-shine tape for the hairline, and would like to see how this piece i have here would look.. and maybe even wear it out and about with clips.. but to be honest.. i'm not exactly sure how clips work.

i found these on ebay - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/40-x-U-Shape-...1c20493d79

Would they work? i can see how they would grip into my natural hair.. but how would they attach to the piece? would i need to sew it into the perimeter of my piece?
anyone have a link to something else i should look at?

again, this is not for a long term solution.. just something to try out my piece
05-17-2012, 03:09 AM,
RE: Will these clips work?
Hi Black,
Sure--those clips will work. Glad to hear that it's just a short term solution as using clips in the long haul can cause traction alopecia. That means that the real growing hair that you attach the clip to gets pulled and causes that good hair to come out and not grow back. The only exception to this is when people are not active and remove the unit when they go to sleep at night. Tapes and glues are the safest way to go in the long haul.
Regards,
John
05-17-2012, 04:02 AM,
Yeah, I have traction alopecia on the sides & back of my scalp. The guy/salon I used to go too used to fit my hair using velcro!! Used Gaffa tape with super glue to attach one velcro side on the sides & rear of my hair, then glue the other velcro piece on my pieces poly perimeter so it lined up. This has caused an obvious lack of hair. All this so I could remove each night, ffs, when I think back. He kept me in the dark about pretty much everything to do with hairpiece attachments etc, while charging loads of dosh for what I now know was a shite service. Thank God for the internet for providing hair wearing enlightenment, Amen.
05-17-2012, 09:54 AM,
Matt,
I'm really sorry to hear that story. There are many small salon operators out there that do hair systems as a side line to their main business of cutting hair. Some do a really good job. Others just don't have the 'know how' on how to do hair systems. Clips used to be the standard attachment method. But velcro! Never heard that one. Thanks for sharing that story with us.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/