Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help needed, im going for it!
05-16-2012, 09:36 PM,
RE: help needed, im going for it!
How big is the area you want to cover?.

I'm going to use a small recession piece using what I have at the front. I may also need a little toppik.

I have a really narrow forehead meaning the island hair I have I can use and only need a small side piece. I wondered if you could do the same? but without seeing a picture of you from the front its hard to tell how much you've receeded? and how wide your head is? Because a recession piece might mean you might not need to shave any hair off at all....which is one of the reasons I chose a recession piece rather than a small partial....there are advantages and dissadvantages.

But it looks from the pics that either you have a low hairline or have receeded a lot, so it might not be your best option.

Because I might have less hair than you (hard to say), but because I have such a high hairline and narrow head I only need a very small piece to look like I have a full head of hair.

Just a thought.
05-17-2012, 03:36 AM,
wow you look pretty similiar to me, you've receeded a little more it seems,
I'm in 2 minds about the recession pieces I'm not sure they'll work with my hair but then I think why cant they? Surely a small area should be easy to cover....guess I wont know until I try.

I'm like you brushing my hair to cover the loss, not sure what to do yet, a little disillusioned.
05-17-2012, 09:06 AM,
I'd still suggest shaving the top, including the forelock that's remained unchanged for several years. I just don't see the advantage of keeping it. You'll have to deal with lace at the hairline on either side even under your desired scenario. I think you're asking for a lot of extra work and hassle with no corresponding gain by trying to integrate that forelock. But the really good news is you can try it your way and change paths in as little as 6 weeks if you decide to. You have many, many options available to you now that you've decided to "go for it."

Best of luck. I know it will work out eventually.