Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens with your natural hair ?
05-09-2012, 06:01 AM,
What happens with your natural hair ?
First of all let me introduce myself as i am new to the forum.

I'm a 22 year old guy from Europe, suffering from hairloss since 3.5 years. I am using propecia and minoxidil since 2 years, but it didn't had any affect and the hairloss got worse.

I rely on toppik for the last 2 years but come to the point where it doesnt look nice anymore.

So i am considering a hairpiece, but i am still uncertain about some aspects of wearing. I only want to do this if it looks really perfect.

So here is my question:

Can i wear a lace system if i have around 1/3 of my original hair left ?

What happens with my natural hair if i shave it and glue a piece to my scalp ?

Can the natural hair grow into the scalp causing infections ? Or will the hair just grow between the scalp and the base ?

I appologize if this is a stupid question, but i am unfamiliar with wearing.
05-09-2012, 07:38 AM,
RE: What happens with your natural hair ?
Your natural hair will continue to grow and you will have stubble under your hair piece. It won't cause any problems and your hair will definately not grow into your scalp, causing infections.
05-09-2012, 08:11 AM,
youre naturaly growing hair behaves in the same way whether you kept a hat on youre head for
2-3 weeks,
biologicly what happens beneath the skin dosent change,
wearers buzz or shave there naturaly growing hair, to allow better coheasion for a greater secure bond between the hair system and scalp.

take my advice jump in, far far better than any concealers, especially when you dont have the density it was intended to work with.

modern hair systems when you see, or if anyone ever seid hey i wear, i promise youll be blown away,!!!!!!!!!!!!
why because it loooks just to good to be true, well in this case it is true,
sooner you start, better youll feel take it from me 19 months into wearing,
and its worth every penny.
anty Smile
05-09-2012, 06:53 PM,
How `good` is the remaining 1/3 of your hair ... is it relatively thick in terms of density ? If not, you might want to consider wearing a Fullcap system....normally I`d recommend a person to ease into wearing by getting a `topper` and holding off on a Fullcap until much later, especially in a person so young, but your hairloss sounds pretty severe in terms of your age. There are advantages and disadvantages when comparing Topper versus Fullcap.... you can of course have a system made to any size you wish... usually, most guys would have we`ll say 2/3`rds of their own hair still there and they need a Topper to cover the top/front in the classic `Horse-shoe` shape...... it sounds like your loss is more severe than usual for your age.I knew one guy who was practically bald at 18 yrs of age..... wearing need not be a big ordeal, if you do a bit of reasearch first, prepare for it mentally. Making a template to fit the correct area, order the correct density [especially if blending -in onto growing side/back hair] and get a decent cut-in at the start....the rest is maintenance and getting used to doing your bonding / de-bonding at home....you`ll feel a lot better in yourself and not so self-conscious... I`d never class wearing as `` prefect`` but it`s the next best thing when nature has been cruel !
05-10-2012, 03:29 AM,
Thanks for the advice guys.

Actually my hairloss is not that severe, i had a big head of hair to begin with. Untill my 18th, my barber always used a thinning out scissors on my hair.

My hairloss is a diffuse in a nw4a pattern, yet there is still enough hair left to make it look like im not suffering from hairloss. Only after applying a bit of Toppik.

I keep my hair short at about 2,5 inch, i use a small ammount of vollumizing hair spray and comb my hair upwards with a brush. Then i sprinkle a little toppik, brush again and anchor the thing with extra strength hairspray.

In indoor conditions nobody can tell, my hairline is kinda ok ( but is getting worse every month ). But now its spring time and i go to beach parties and park concerts instead of clubs and bars in winter time.

When i saw myself in a mirror outside in the sun last week on a festival, i checked my hair and it looked really bad with the toppik applied. But i talked with allot of people that day and no one gave me a second look or checked my hairline.

Conclusion: i want to start wearing before people know i am balding.
05-10-2012, 09:46 AM,
"Conclusion: i want to start wearing before people know i am balding."

When my concealers were starting to give out I decided I needed to get this handled. It was the best thing I ever did.

So I researched the forum, got a video and ordered 3 pieces and there was never an issue with the process. I made the template match my current hair lines maybe adding 5% to the front.

When you do make the transition I recommend growing facial hair beforehand (if you don't already) and on the weekend of cutover shave so when you go to work on Monday they will notice you shaved. Feel free to grow back if you are a regular facial hair guy

Also I would recommend locating a stylist who can attach and cut in your first two pieces both at the same time - preferably on a Friday after work - this so that you have the weekend to noodle around with un attaching and re attaching by yourself.

I currently live outside of my home country and only get to see friends once or twice a year when I visit. I recently went out with one of them (we see each other yearly) and after drinking I confessed to wearing at the bar.

The next day we talked on the phone and he wanted to know why I tried to bullshit him about my real hair being a toupee! I told him I have been saying stupid stuff lately while drinking and he continued with,"I've known you your whole life and I know that's your real hair".

Nice