Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brylcreem...which one...paul help!!!!
05-08-2012, 12:48 AM,
Brylcreem...which one...paul help!!!!
Hi,

I was wondering what trype of brylcream people use.

Would the original be the place to start:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brylcreem-Origin...700&sr=8-2

Or is there better ones?

thanks.
05-08-2012, 01:33 AM,
RE: Brylcreem...which one...paul help!!!!
Yeah ..the `Original` is the one. I don`t use it frequently because those Pomades tend to build-up and can lead to a `lifeless` look, which then needs more frequent shampooing-out....a little Brylcreem goes a long way---- just maybe half a teaspoonful in the palm of one hand, add a little water and rub hands together to coat it onto the fingers and then `shove`the fingers into/through damp hair ....spread it `out`as much as possible.....style as usual then.
I mostly use that Enhance leave-in conditioner for more frequent use, because there`s no build-up / stickiness as there often is with many styling products......the trick with the Brylcreem is to `go easy` with it. Cheers.
05-08-2012, 02:53 AM,
The problem I have is my hair is quite curly at the front and it doesnt grow past about 2 inches but because its curly it looks dead flat and I want to stick the hair straight up, what would you recommend to do this without the need to shampoo it out all the time.

thanks again.
05-08-2012, 03:43 AM,
Hi standbyme.... I`m not quite sure what you mean there....maybe you could clarify ?
You say it`s curly at the front [ that`s growing-hair I assume as you said it grows? ] but it`s a contradiction to say because it`s curly it looks dead-flat! That`s the bit I don`t `follow`..... if you mean you want to have it kind of spiky, maybe you could use a strong-ish gel ? Lòreal do a good range which literally comb/brush out with no residue...I`ve used them on system hair with no adverse results. http://www.pharmacyathand.co.uk/gbu0-pro...x-Gel.html That`s just a UK site which came up when I did a Google-search there now ... it`s available in most countries though...sorry I didn`t fully understand your question there.....
05-08-2012, 04:55 AM,
Hi Paul,

Yes Its my growing hair but the curl makes it lie flat it sticks up a couple of cm's then curls back, I can get to to stick up if I use hair spray but dont really want to use that.

Yes I want it kinda of spikey its really the only way I can have it without it looking like I'm losing my hair lol.

Thanks for the link I'll check it out.
06-26-2012, 12:47 AM,
Hey guys do you wash out brylcreem at night or leave it on? Will it damage the hair if left on?
06-26-2012, 01:57 AM,
I don't wash it out. Washing your hair every night will weaken your bond after a short time.
06-26-2012, 04:38 AM,
I honestly only would apply Brylcreem and similar products [ Pomades] sparingly and infrequently, otherwise you get a dull, lifeless / grease-ball look, which then needs to be shampooed out...too much / frequent shampooing will dry hair out and lift the colour.....dryness is the main enemy of system-hair..... you can freshen-up hair / your style after applying Pomades by simply spritzing with water over the next 2 or 3 days....this will augment the Pomade..... I only ever use `` PPI Enhance`` leave-in conditioner every 2 or 3 days, and spritz with water in between.... it also has sunscreen in it....... if I`ve been sweating and the lace has obviously soaked it up, I simply dunk the lace into lukewarm water and lightly shampoo that [for hygiene reasons] .. I have no need to shampoo the hair itself more than about once in a month or so, as it`s not ` dirty` as such--- obviously the hair will get wet/damp even though I grab it in a big bunch with one hand while dunking the base into the water, but I`m not applying shampoo directly to it---- I get a minimum of 6 months from my systems and I attribute it , in large measure, to the way I ` treat` them...... I know younger guys like to use all kinds of gunk on their hair to achieve funky styles....that`s fine/cool, but things like waxes are hard to get off of the hair and need heavy-shampooing/cleansing etc., and this can and does, shorten the serviceable life of a system...so it`s a trade-off.
There is no need to shampoo /wash hair after applying Pomades... you can simply spritz with water over the next day or two, then style- and -go, again.